Communication (1 Viewer)

Nezz

HSC
what did you guys think in gerneral??? I thought the 7 marker was pretty good...

for b i, what did you all say???
and in c ii, will we get marked down if we used animals not in the graph (i used two, but then another not in it)

holl

for bi I said he had got chemicals in his eye that caused a cataract. I dont think we will get marked down for using animals not in the graph because it didnt specify. I also didnt use animals from the graph.

badlysketched

lol for b i) i said that the bright light from the welder blinded him in one eye and that the other eye was unscathed cos it was coming from the right side of his body. the 7 marker was easy to work with... i agree but i tell u what! d!!! taht whole question! i couldn't do it and it was worth 5 marks... my school did the research on the eye not the ear... i just made it up *hopes it was ok*... dunno about c ii... just the general crap about how mice use it as their main warning function, but we mainly use our eyes so therefore we don't need it to be as large etc... pretty gay

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
ummm b- i) i put that the guys cereberum was damaged due to the heavy fall (unconsioucs) and he could not properly opeatre his right eye coz that part was damaged (kinda like similar scenario to stroke ppl)

swordfish

i said he damaged the 'fragile corneal surface' by sawdust or woodchips or something....lol.
The markers will have fun with that one.
One day it would be fun to do an entire paper with the stupidest answers....just for fun...say that the delivery woman walked in and he was so overcome that he fell on the broom he was using and damaged his eye.....

~SArAh~B~

yeh i said what Beaky said... that he must of been knocked at the back of his head because thats where sight messages are perceived in the brain.

Nezz

HSC
i sorta went in 2 direction... at first i said a bright light or something, but then i couldnt figure out why only one eye and why he was unconscious.
so then i changed it to he fell and hit his occipital lobe (because its at the base of his head) and this impaired its ability to interpret images so he couldnt see properly... dont think it makes sense though... anyone???

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I said he must have damaged the sight part of his brain when he was knocked unconcious.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by Beaky
ummm b- i) i put that the guys cereberum was damaged due to the heavy fall (unconsioucs) and he could not properly opeatre his right eye coz that part was damaged (kinda like similar scenario to stroke ppl)
yeah i said that too

leeraff

HSC
i said that he damaged the left side of the cerebrum, where his brain could no longer interpret the signals correctly, even though the eye would be working properly

leeraff

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I said he must have damaged the sight part of his brain when he was knocked unconcious.
you know i think that the left side of the brain controls of the stuff for the right eye.......so...

Skull Kid

For the receptors one you think I'll get it right if I said:
30)
a)
1 = Eyes
2 = Hand
3 = Ears

I forgot all about receptors refering to cell in communication, so it should/could be:

1 = Rods
2 = Nerves
3= Tympanic Membrane

What do you think, will I get the marks?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Skull Kid
For the receptors one you think I'll get it right if I said:
30)
a)
1 = Eyes
2 = Hand
3 = Ears

I forgot all about receptors refering to cell in communication, so it should/could be:

1 = Rods
2 = Nerves
3= Tympanic Membrane
i wrote both.... as in i wrote the eye and specified rods... wrote the skin and specified nerves... and then i wrote the ear btu didnt specify

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Organ of corti I dont think is wrong if your wrote about the hair cells that detect different frequencies...

Im sure you'll get a mark for it coz most ppl wrote ears

I wrote
1= Photoreceptors (Rods)
2=Nerves on Skin
3= Tympanic Membrane in ear

~SArAh~B~

Um well i said something completely different. the question was:

For each stimulus in the table, name the appropriate receptor.

I put:

1) Photo-receptor
2) mechano-receptor
3) mechonoreceptor....

maybe i got it wrong, but thats what our teacher taught us before the exam.... stupid teacher!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by ~SArAh~B~
Um well i said something completely different. the question was:

For each stimulus in the table, name the appropriate receptor.
I put:

2) mechano-receptor
thats correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)