Comp labs (1 Viewer)

*hopeful*

HSC
How safe are the computer network things at uni (sorry im very IT illiterate) :eek:
what i want to know is would you recommend me doing an online credit card booking from the comp labs ?

HSC
N/A
Apparently they're fairly safe, and I think someone told me that the same security thingo on the comp labs is used for staff computers.

That being said, I don't trust those labs with my credit card details. If I can't get to a 'secure' computer though, I'll run hijackthis on the computer and send it to a computer-savvy friend to check whether it's safe before doing anything.

X

xeuyrawp

I'm amazingly paranoid with CC, ebay, online banking, etc details, and never use them anywhere but at home.

:eek:

This is like a 'pay your outstanding fees' email that I got from the uni. Method of payment was online form, phone, in person, or send them an email with my credit card details. Last one's a bit lol. :S

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
send them an email with my credit card details. Last one's a bit lol. :S
omg talk about dodge-ville

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
ide do it... if anyone gets ur credit card details... just call your bank and tell them within 14 days or something and you'll get reinbursed for it..

you'll get reinbursed for everything pretty much if you didn't do it

as long as you took reasonable precautions (i.e not telling your password to anyone, not having a copy of your password in your wallet etc)

Peartie

HSC
clairegirl said:
ide do it... if anyone gets ur credit card details... just call your bank and tell them within 14 days or something and you'll get reinbursed for it..

you'll get reinbursed for everything pretty much if you didn't do it

as long as you took reasonable precautions (i.e not telling your password to anyone, not having a copy of your password in your wallet etc)
only if they can trace it, find its not you......

but in the first instance take 2 months to get off their asses to do something about it!! NAB originally thought i was able to get from Sydney to Melbourne in less than 30 mins to make a transaction and be back in sydney 2 hours later to make another one...took them 2 months to start looking at it and another 3 to resolve it....stupid credit cards

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Peartie said:
only if they can trace it, find its not you......

but in the first instance take 2 months to get off their asses to do something about it!! NAB originally thought i was able to get from Sydney to Melbourne in less than 30 mins to make a transaction and be back in sydney 2 hours later to make another one...took them 2 months to start looking at it and another 3 to resolve it....stupid credit cards
lol I love banks <3

*hopeful*

HSC
NAB is crap, i remember when i was working there so many people would complain about how long it would take them to follow up that kind of issue

well i didnt end up using it, but if someone did steal CC details i wouldnt know they had used it until i got my statement which could be at least a month later, now that would suck

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
So what is stopping someone going on a massive shopping binge and then telling their bank that their CC got stolen a day ago?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Paper trail, surveillance cameras, etc.

kevinant

HSC
I think it's reasonably safe..and i don't think you need to worry about that because i use my credit card over there sometime b4 to buy textbooks. and apparently i havn't get any problem with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)