Comparative Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
wat does everyone think are the right answers ?

Last edited:

flanderstf

HSC
N/A
What risk factor contributes most to mortality in Australia...? i put b) Smoking.

and what was answer to Q 9? i put C, but am pretty sure it's the worst one to put....

oh, and what was the answer to Q 17?

flanderstf

HSC
N/A
What risk factor contributes most to mortality in Australia...? i put b) Smoking.

and what was answer to Q 9? i put C, but am pretty sure it's the worst one to put....

oh, and what was the answer to Q 17?

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
This is just me trying to remember what I put:

01) D
02) B
03) A
04) A
05) D (I believe that this is wrong, probably should be C.)
06) B
07) B
08) A
09) C
10) A
11) B
12) A
13) C
14) D
15) B
16) D
17) C (I didn't like this question at all...)
18) D
19) D
20) D

Overall, I think these questions were quite hard. It will be interesting to see what the answers are for a few of them where it seemingly could have gone either way.

Last edited:

4DOGS

HSC
1. d
2. b
3. a
4. a
5. c
6. b
7. b
8. a
9. c
10. a
11. c -it wrong i did mc at the end n after 6 hours wasnt thinking strait
12. a
13. c
14. d
15. b
16. d
17. c
18. d
19. d
20. d

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i will work out % of answers chosen once more people reply

my answers.. aiming for 14

1. D
2. B
3. A
4. A
5. C
6. B
7. B
8. A
9. C
10. C
11. A
12. B
14. C
14. D
15. B
16. D
17. A
18. D
19. D
20. D

Irskin

HSC
My teacher confirmed my answers and concluded that i will get 18 to 20 out of 20

1. D
2. B
3. A
4. A
5. C
6. B (possibly C)
7. B
8. A
9. C
10. A
11. B
12. B
13. C
14. D
15. B
16. D
17. D
18. D
19. D
20. D

rolfey24

HSC
1.a
2. b
3.a
4. a
5.d
6.c
7.b
8.a
9.c
10.a
11. b
12.b
13.c
14.d
15.b
16.c
17.d
18.d
19.d
20.b

overall exam was ahk. cores easy enugh. optiosn bit difficult . mc alrite i guess

Last edited:

rolfey24

HSC
Irskin said:
My teacher confirmed my answers and concluded that i will get 18 to 20 out of 20

1. D
2. B
3. A
4. A
5. C
6. B (possibly C)
7. B
8. A
9. C
10. A
11. B
12. B
13. C
14. D
15. B
16. D
17. D
18. D
19. D
20. D

which 2 were wrong?????

jacqui710

HSC
hey why does everyone keep on saying 14 is (d)- isn't a penalty stroke a closed environment??? Or do people stand around when that occurs? I'm so confused i put (b) thinking that a penalty was closed... ohh noo

rolfey24

HSC
nah its open skill. its the goalkeepa saving the penalty stroke.
open skill iniated by actions from external stimulus egthe penaly taker.
d is correct.

Last edited:

taiyonoao

HSC
eh.. i thought open and closed skills were about the environment only >.< i put down closed and externally paced. i think that was B. i made heaps of stupid mistakes though... like for question 1, i had D first.. and then i kept thinking.. and changed it to B. gg -_-.

for the highest cause of death, i put smoking too.

i was confused about the pie chart though... i had put driver reviver, since thats the only one i remember seeing hahhaa

and another question im not sure about.. it had something to do with males and an illness thats decreasing or something. but i remember putting testicular cancer.. but i seriously have no idea. -_-

half_caste

HSC
Ok here's my rundown of multi choice:

1) B - Atherosclerosis is the hardening of artery walls (I put bloody D because I didn't realise B was there haha, but build up of fatty tissue on artery walls is atheroma)

2) C - Risk factor that contributes most to mortality in Australia is high fat diet(as it creates the onset of more than 1 NHPA e.g cancer, CVD, diabetes)

3) A - Costs to individuaks is used to identify priority areas (one of the easier questions as it is just a phrase of the syllabus)

4) A - Lung cancer has decreased in incidence over the last 15 years (girls stop smoking it's increasing for you)

5) Either B or D - I'm not really sure what I put and what the answer is

6) B - CVD has decreased for both male and females from 1992 to 2002

7) B - Establishing relevant community based mental health services and networks seemed like the logical answer for creating supportive environments

8) A - ATSI have less access to health services due to geographical, social and cultural reasons

9) A - Y is National Drug Strategic Frameword (friend read it in a textbook and I guess it right woot)

10) Either A or C - I put C because I read it the way that since life expectancy is the average lifespan of the female that because they were dying less as they got older it increased from the birth's life expectancy (if that makes any sense whatsoever)

11) B - The high jumper is practicing his attentional skill

12) Either A or B - At the associative stage an athlete concentrates on developing sub routines I'm pretty sure (I put B but I think I'm wrong)

13) C - The soccer player is able to accurately score as they are able to recognise and respond to relevant cues (I don't think fitness has anything to do with performance under pressure as it's mostly psychological)

14) D - The goalkeeper who defends the penalty stroke in hockey is an open and externally paced skill (SHIT I thought it was indoor hockey so I put closed and externally paced B)

15) B - A standing long jump to test power is a valid skill related test

16) D - A complex carbohydrate snack consumed withing 20 minutes is a good post recovery nutritional plan for endurance athletes

17) C - The long jumper is using a POWER resistance training program with light weights and more reps (another stupid mistake I put A)

18) D - 1500 metre swimmers would use the aerobic system predominantly X

19) D - System Y is lactic acid system and it takes about 30min - 2hours to recover from fatigue depending on intensity

20) D - Kaitlin is a better performer than Annika as the graph shows how she performs better when optimally aroused (upside down U graph)

What I'll get for Multi Choice: 14/20

Now that is shit.

FUCKING JAKARTA DECLERATION!

Peace.

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
HSC
rolfey24 said:
which 2 were wrong?????
While I'm fairly happy to concede that I'm wrong for 12, I'm fairly certain that his 17 is wrong.

A) This isn't really training for anything in particular. 2-10 reps is power, but a light weight is endurance (and it's an endurance event anyway... so...)
B) This is training for endurance. A large number of reps, a light weight and a short amount of recovery time. The event is an explosive, anaerobic one, so that's out.
C) This is training for absolute strength. It's the right number of reps, it's a heavy weight and there's a relatively long recovery time. The event is a power event, not strictly speaking, an absolute strength one. Absolute strength, though is one of the components of power.
D) Like A, this isn't really training for anything in particular. 10-15 reps is starting to creep into the endurance range. With a heavy resistance, this would be quite difficult (perhaps not even possible?), especially considering that there is a short recovery time. 2-3 sets is also rather unusual. Considering that the athlete is a weight-lifter, this doesn't really make sense. A weight-lifter wants to train absoute strength, not be working 10-15 reps. You would expect him to be undertaking something more like C.

half_caste said:
1) B - Atherosclerosis is the hardening of artery walls (I put bloody D because I didn't realise B was there haha, but build up of fatty tissue on artery walls is atheroma)
Actually, D is the correct answer. To quote my text book, "atherosclerosis is the build-up of fatty and/or fiborous material on the interior walls of arteries". The hardening of artery walls is infact arteriosclerosis.

Last edited:

kyles41

HSC
I agree ...i reckon it is more closed than open!
I vaguely remember a sim q in a past paper on a Tennis serve and am sure it was closed!

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
Okay heres my input:

1) atherosclerosis is the hardening of artery walls because of fatty build up therefore its the hardening of arteries.

2) smoking. i guessed that one because they all seemed plausible to me.

5) the survey. because it most involves the three parts of the new pub. health approach

10) a. because its the only one i understood.

12) b. because rehearsal = practice which is the associative stage. subroutines seems more like cognitive.

14) d. seemed right.

17) long jumper. ud think the swimmer didnt need that much recovery time

20) d. what a horrendously stupid question. it made my head spin and thats not a good thing when the next question is on the jakarta dec.

BTW- taking into account all ur answers, ive got 18-19/20. Freakingly awesome stuff considering in the trials i got 14/20 for CSSA.

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
HSC
adrenaline rush said:
Okay heres my input:

1) atherosclerosis is the hardening of artery walls because of fatty build up therefore its the hardening of arteries.
No! No! Thrice no!

I've got 3 texts books, let's see what they have to say :cool:

1) "Atherosclerosis is the build up of fatty and/or fibrous material on the interior walls of arteries. Arteriosclerosis is the hardening of their arteries whereby artery walls lose their elasticity."

2) "One of the major contributing factors to cardiovascular disease is the build-up of fatty tissue (called atherosclerosis) on the inside lining of the arteries".

3) The third one doesn't mention it...

I've just had a look at wikipedia. It's quite enlightening, actually. Apparently, "sclerosis" means hardening. Anyway, here's the main section:

"The following terms are similar, yet distinct, in both spelling and meaning, and can be easily confused: arteriosclerosis, arteriolosclerosis and atherosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis, is a general term describing any hardening (and loss of elasticity) of medium or large arteries (in Latin, Arterio meaning artery and sclerosis meaning hardening), arteriolosclerosis is arteriosclerosis mainly affecting the arterioles (small arteries), atherosclerosis is a hardening of an artery specifically due to an atheromatous plaque (in Latin, "athero" means "porridge"). Therefore, atherosclerosis is a form of arteriosclerosis."

That serves to make things vague. I would still be inclined with D, though, as that's the only thing that distinguishes it from the others...

D FOR LIFE!

4DOGS

HSC
Correct Multiple Choice answers- care to critisise

1. d - its in the text book and on dictionary.com cant complain with that
2. b - contributes to CVD, lung cancer, asthma
3. a - obviously its the only priorty area there
4. a
5. c
6. b - trends have decreased in males and females
7. b
8. a
9. c
10. a
11. b
12. b - a and d is in the cognitive stage, c is the autonomous
13. c - skilled v unskilled performer a skiller performer can respond to cues
14. d - open environment and pace depends on player
15. b - only relevant one there
16. d
17. c - a long jumper needs power and the resistance training is aimed at power
18. d
19. d
20. d

From these answers i got 17/20 - pretty happy with that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)