Compiling essay together=plagiarism (1 Viewer)

abayo

HSC
N/A
Compiling essay together=plagiarism?

My friend came over the day before the religion exam and we worked on the cross religion studies essay together.
We did sexual ethics and we memorised the same keypoints. In the exam, we wrote about it in our own words but we'd be using the same points. Would that be considered plagiarism?

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
abayo said:
My friend came over the day before the religion exam and we worked on the cross religion studies essay together.
We did sexual ethics and we memorised the same keypoints. In the exam, we wrote about it in our own words but we'd be using the same points. Would that be considered plagiarism?
They probably won't even notice down at the marking centre. If they do notice, they'll assume that your techer taught you the same stuff and you both learnt it and put it in the essay... so I reckon you are alright. Besides, I bet all the cross-religion topics would have the same points expressed in different ways, like. across the state people are writing the same points.

I wouldn't worry about it.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
abayo said:
no.....................

GemLeM

Rhubarb
HSC
Nah - what you did was fine.
Studying together is good if it helps you learn things and you each wrote it in your own words so it was your own work.
Don't worry about it - who knows, I could have been using those points too =P

Mahogany

HSC
Agreed. One of my friends came over the day before and we memorised Abu Bakr's name by thinking of monkeys (gotta love aladdin!) and the hadith with condoms - long story, but it worked, and by the sounds of things we wrote fairly much the same stuff. At least in my eyes it isn't plagiarism.

abayo

HSC
N/A
Ah thanks guys! sure puts my mind at ease :)
g'luck with the rest of your exams!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)