Computer sci UTS vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
what’s the difference between doing computer science at UTS and UNSW because the atar requirement for UTS comp sci is 80.15 while UNSW is like 91.0 and both of them are honours. ... which one would be a better option if i really like coding and learning about not business but more like cyber security or cyber crime.. (if there are other degrees that are similar to my interest that’s be nice to know as well) thank you~

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
From what I know UNSW is better than UTS and given the option ppl choose UNSW (I'm going to do comp sci at uni and have talked to ppl who have finished uts, usyd and unsw)

Also if I'm thinking of the correct courses, UNSW is 3 years comp sci and UTS is 4 years. This makes a difference too because not only do you have more debt - you spend a year full time learning where if you spend that same year full time working you could have 1yr experience + $60k or whatever they pay you at your first job. This makes the opportunity cost of doing the UTS degree at least like 70k and I don't think it's worth it at all especially because UNSW is the best engineering uni in Australia meaning I would expect it to have better everything than UTS.

Cybersecurity sounds interesting but apparently the irl jobs kinda suck and it's better to just start soft dev because it's more money and more interesting work.

If you like coding software engineering seems like it fits better but it's also not worth it imo because it takes longer and you can just code in ur free time and choose programming classes in comp sci.

If you can't get into UNSW you could do bachelor of science at USYD which needs an 80 atar and takes 3 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)