Confused (1 Viewer)

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
Direct/indirect discrimination:
* Direct is where someone is treated less favourably than another because of a particular characteristic - in this case being married - could be race, sex, etc.
* Indirect is where someone is disadvantaged because everyone is treated in the same way - e.g. working hours are changed for everyone could discriminate against women with children.

For question 7, I said copyright because the question is asking which laws the organisation has breached. The act is software piracy, but AFAIK the law is copyright.

I'm not really sure about question 2.. it's the sort of bit I dislike about IT. :p I do see how it could be memo (A) though.

Danymil

HSC
I got
B
C
C
D
C
C
B
D
C
A
A
A
B
D
C
Im fairly confident but prob wrong

To answer your questions

Direct is if the discrimination is directed directly at the person ie. person's race, sex, marital status, age etc

Indirect is the discrimination that is less obvious and applies to people who have disabilities that cant walk up those set of stairs in their wheel chair or a job that requires to show a australian drivers licence and your asain and dont have one yet.

q7, they didnt brech copright laws because they didnt have intentions to copy the product or manipulate it or use it for other purposes eg. alot of IT copy right laws apply to graphic designers who use bits of other images to creat theirs or claim other images.

Software piracy is like those gay adds you see before a movie saying piracy is a crime and because the key he used isnt a real licence its pretty much the same as downloading a song which is illegal unless you payed for it.

tomoz will be interesting to see what is on the exam

davOmeter

HSC
I think our teacher went through the MC with us, I have ticks and crosses on mine, can't even remember marking these lol. I got:
1.B
2.C (Cross next to it and circled A in red)
3.C
4.C (Cross next to it and circled D in red)
5.C
6.C
7.B (No cross here, but I'm unsure also)
8.D
9.C
10.A
11.A
12.A
13.B
14.D
15.C

Danymil

HSC
how is 2 A, you would think if its a 'serious' hazard a memo wouldnt really cover it and someone would need to be notified asap :s

davOmeter

HSC
Haha not sure, I wrote phone call.

EDIT: I don't get why the BoS doesn't give us the answers, would help a real frikin lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)