Congrats to the BoS poster who made it to SMH today (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
haha dammit, i was hoping for a link or something.

smartarse...:p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Jago said:
haha dammit, i was hoping for a link or something.

smartarse...:p
Sorry haven't seen it online (but haven't looked either)- here's a bit of an extract from the article titled Do the maths: easy questions don't always mean high marks, from page 6 of today's Sydney Morning Herald (Thurs October 25th).

Justin Norrie said:
Some Legal Studies students yesterday vented anger over a section of Fridayu's exam that required them to discuss an issue not covered on the syllabus.
One student wrote on the boredofstudies HSC website that the question, worth seven marks out of 100, had caused "uproar and controversy among the student cohort".
The question asked students to "compare and contrast the problems faced by young male and female offenders when they come into contact with the criminal justice system".
A spokeswoman for the NSW Board of Studies said: "Some people were worried that some part of the question was not covered int he syllabus. But we only had 15 emails and phone calls out of 9000-odd students."
"The chief examiner and the supervisor of marking will assess each student's response and if necessary modify the marking guidelines to ensure students get an appropriate mark," she said.
Btw most of the article was quoting people from James Ruse about the 4u maths exam and the photo was of people's schoolbags from JR. Anyhow, is it just me or are they implying more people should be writing in or calling up to whinge?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
oh THAT article, i thought it mentioned a specific poster.

a teacher from my school made that article as well (hahs)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Oh I heard about that article
I thought they actually said Rafy's name in it
oh well, lucky James for being quoted anyway ;)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Joe!

Seems my securing of the second post position in the pinned General thoughts thread paid off :p
(If you want to read the original post they quoted, its there)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)