Congratulations to all those graduating/graduated this year! (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Grats guys and girls, hope your day was as fun as you'd imagined, great work on completing those degrees and I'm sure everyone (past and present) from the MQ forums wishes you well for the future!

X

xeuyrawp

Ah Tuesday arvo's one was so good... When I realised that some people I mentored in my second year were graduating, I kinda realised I'd been here too long. :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, yeah you clown get out already

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Ah Tuesday arvo's one was so good... When I realised that some people I mentored in my second year were graduating, I kinda realised I'd been here too long. :(
Its not the same when you know you are comming back, I was sitting there and another combine law student next to me and I were discussing how knowing you're comming back sucks the fun out of it lol...

I had lots of people come up to me and tell me that I can still use the library and all these alumni benefits...lucky me I have class on Monday!

Still was fun to get dressed up, though white is soo boring for arts, we need a more fun colour...also the PHD outfits are so much more interesting!

Congrats all

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Its not the same when you know you are comming back, I was sitting there and another combine law student next to me and I were discussing how knowing you're comming back sucks the fun out of it lol...
Bit irrelevant to this thread, but just wondering - you were graduating your other degree and continuing with law? Is there a difference between combined degree and a double degree? And, is it possible to graduate one of your degrees when doing a double degree and continuing with the other - i.e. getting two pieces of paper instead of one? :confused:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Bit irrelevant to this thread, but just wondering - you were graduating your other degree and continuing with law? Is there a difference between combined degree and a double degree? And, is it possible to graduate one of your degrees when doing a double degree and continuing with the other - i.e. getting two pieces of paper instead of one? :confused:
Combined/double degree same thing.

Yes, you can and that is what I did. You just have to elect to do so by applying to graduate after the completion of the first degree and then after the second.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Combined/double degree same thing.

Yes, you can and that is what I did. You just have to elect to do so by applying to graduate after the completion of the first degree and then after the second.
So, just to clarify, you get two pieces of paper? But, does that mean that your other degree you graduate without a major or a minor?

OOOOO :rofl: (pathetic attempt at trying to justify why I'm going to have spent 5 years of my life at uni..."wow... two pieces of paper?!")

X

xeuyrawp

(pathetic attempt at trying to justify why I'm going to have spent 5 years of my life at uni..."wow... two pieces of paper?!")
Yeah it is, to be honest.

Graduation ceremonies are fun, but to be honest I'm not sure why everyone asks this 'do you graduate twice?' question. If graduation's the best thing that happens to you in your uni career... :S

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So, just to clarify, you get two pieces of paper? But, does that mean that your other degree you graduate without a major or a minor?

OOOOO :rofl: (pathetic attempt at trying to justify why I'm going to have spent 5 years of my life at uni..."wow... two pieces of paper?!")
In the famous words of Limp Bizkit:

I did it for the nookie

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

I will get two yes, the major for the non-law degree is not written on the piece of paper either way unless its a specific degree (i.e. arts-psych etc).

So I got my Arts degree (with no mention of my sociology major) and then my law degree will be a B Laws...if I did one graduation it would be one piece of paper that said B Arts/B Laws

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)