construction (1 Viewer)

mrviper89

HSC
hey is anyone doing construction out there? we do a fair bit of practicals in this course like formworking, retaining walls and concrete work. its good that it is not compulsory to do VET course exams because it gives u more time for the other subjects like English and Maths. Tell us ur views about this course.

Laids

HSC
hey, yeh we been doing quite a lot of practical work as well, our teacher actually arranges us to have an entire day out of all claases to do some construction work aroudn teh school every now and then, as well as teh general work we do in each 1 hour construction lesson, this has aloud us to get a fair bit more work done aroudn the school.
Although the exams are not compulsary, i would reccomend that u do still take them, becuase if you are planning on doing work in the industry, and a could be employer sees that u didnt even bother taking the exam, they migth think ur lazy and may not higher u, also if u do poorly in the exams of other subjects, doing well in constrcution can increase ur marks.

bogen

HSC
As i am doing plumbing in TAFE i can use construction to boost my credentials find the course based heavily on practicalities, this i love about the course.
Also the fact that the opertunity to learn directly reflects your effort and your teachers knowledge, it feels like school to me should feel; not a never ending seriese of tests, exams and study.

mrviper89

HSC
in our class the boys decided to rename the subject from construction to "smoko" i guess thats what u normally do on site these days. so when u ask what do we have period 2 we usually say smoko. pretty cool huh?

browny41

HSC
Yea i take it that its not just my class who doesnt do anything then and yea fully agree with doing the test

aimee :-)

HSC
I do construction too, and as far as I've been told, i'm the first girl!! What's up with that!! get out their girlies, explore new opportunities and you just might surprise yourself.
anyways, i really recommend doing the test aswell. for all those who have done their trial exam, they will know how piss easy it is. it's mostly about the OHS side of things (or that's what it was in my exam) and if you know your practical stuff, (and can word it right, which can b a tad difficult) you'll do fine.
and about being mainly practical work, it's not all fun and games. we had to clean out the drains near our oval every month so the general assistant wouldn't have to!! Stuff him, he get's paid for it!! but it was fun anywayz :)

i just want to throw a completely random question at every1, if a female joined your construction class, would you treat her the same or differently than the other blokes? i was treated differently at first and it made me feel really uncomfortable, but they learned to loosen up. i was told i'm REALLY lucky i had such a relaxed, down-to-earth class, otherwise it would have been really difficult. Is your class like this? just wondering what you think!

HSC
I had a girl in my construction class last year (pathways). We never stirred her up anymore than the guys, she could probabley work harder than most of them.

Construction is a great course i really enjoyed doing it as all my others were science based, it have me a break mixing concrete or diging a hole or doing stuiped shit on the ride on lawnmower with a trailer on the back lol..

I think it helps heaps with the teacher you have. My teach was awesome and really down to earth, funny as. He had worked in construction for a few years which i think is really important.

The exam is important guys, highly recomend doing it. You can get good marks even with minimal effort. If you really want to smash the exam study hard on the 2extended response.

Good luck.

Cheers.

dalmenybookworm

HSC
yea i am lucky i already have a apprenticeship lined up and good to go so i didnt bother i thouht i would have more time to prep for other classes but if you are counting on your HSC mark to got you a job i would highly recomend doing the test by the way i am mitch jeffries and i love wang plus genital warts do give a girl more pleasure hahahahah ;)

bacon123

HSC
N/A
i do fast track construction which is on every tuesday for 8am-4pm.
we would do like 8-10 of theory then the rest practicle
it was a great course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)