consumer REMEDIES (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
reading over my notes (like you do...) i discovered to my HORROR that there were two sections in my notes upo CONSUMER REMEDIES. firstly, theres

'remedies for breach of contract', including
-damages
-specidic performance
-restitution
-injunction
-rectification
-recission

and then theres

'consumer remedies', incliding
-damages
-recission and modification
-specific orders
-injunction and specific performance

can someone tell me what is going on here? in an effectiveness of remedies essay, which ones would i write? is it that the first are ONLY permitting to contract and the second ones are just GENERAL ones. i dont get it!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
both, the 1st one applies for both consumers and manufacturers and the 2nd one only applies for consumers.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yep I've got in my notes...
The remedies available to consumers are the same as those available to victims of a breached contract: Specific performance, Special orders, Injunctions, Damages,

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
It's been so long since I did legal studies (2002) so I'm not too sure about this one ...

Do you cover recovery of sums fixed by the contract as part of remedies? (distinguishing damages from a debt due)? I was just wondering, since no-one seems to have mentioned it and I didn't know whether that's because you don't do it or because you'd all forgotten about it ... :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
ManlyChief said:
It's been so long since I did legal studies (2002) so I'm not too sure about this one ...

Do you cover recovery of sums fixed by the contract as part of remedies? (distinguishing damages from a debt due)? I was just wondering, since no-one seems to have mentioned it and I didn't know whether that's because you don't do it or because you'd all forgotten about it ... :)
the remedies for a breach of contract are specific performance, injunction, damages, recission, rectification, restitution
So the compensation can be paid in monetary compensation

from my notes:
DAMAGES-Form of compensation for a breach of contract which are represented in dollar terms
under this dotpoint...
so yeah it can. :)

DeanoGrrrrl

HSC
Heya guys! Crap not long now! You can right anything in your essay on effectiveness. Pick an issue, use examples, and remember to include these four things:
-Legislation
-Cases
-Media Reports
-Documents
Go back to your syllabus where it mentions effectiveness. Try and find issues to fit into those areas, and remember examples. Most importantly: DON'T PANIC! Use your time well, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)