Consumers Essay (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
i'm really anxious on how i went on this section, cuz i couldn't think straight after that terrible crime section.
i did part a, something abt how consumers are protected and also discuss financing a purchase.
really roughly i talked abt:
the subsistence/rural way of life- caveat emptor and laissez faire and how they weren't protected etc
i discussed the acts, fair trading, trade practises, sales of goods act, contract review act, how they protect consumers
the accc and the petrol isusue
advancing tech and purchasing goods from other jurisdictions eg the "physhing" (dummy websites) and how consmers arent protected
the amadio case and unconscionable conduct
umm i think that was sort of it i also included in my notes class action, implied terms in contracts and some other bits and pieces that i don't remember atm

i'm so worried i failed that section, can ppl tell me honestly if based on the content above if i could have gone reasonably ok, or have i basically failed

i also talked abt the privacy act and i linked most of the stuff back to critera (not all points of it though), but in a really unstructured way

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
consumers was my best
I talked about the change first too
regulation of marketing and advertising
occupational licencing briefly
FINANCING A PUCHASE-credit, security, credit act, consumer credit code, consumer credit admin act, consumer credit amendment act, avnues of redress, amadio case, media article :D
then contracts-6 essential elements
remedies for a breach of contract
processes of redress

coz it said include a discussion of financning a purchase
you could also talk about whatever else u wanted so ul be fine blurose :)

**blu_rose**

HSC
yeah i talked abt most of the same stuff except i only implied the financial transaction part, i just didn't get to it and i was running out of time for family, but i put some stuff regarding that in my notes but not nearly as much as u
would i lose a lot of marks for not discussing that part further
i studied so much for consumers and its usually my best sec but i just went blank in the exam

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Blurose, dw, I spent ages on consumers and nearly ran out of time for consumers
So its all good
U brought up some good points
hope 4 all the best 4 ya:)

**blu_rose**

HSC
ok i'm sorry for being all annoying abt it
i'm just really relying on legal and need to go good in this exam, cuz my assessment mark will be really shitty

forceblade

HSC
i didnt talk anything about caveat emptor, my essay is structured like

Intro:
para1: legislations that protect consumers, fair trading, trade pratice, sale of goods
para2: how common law protect consumer, donoghueVstevenson, thortonVshoelane parking, Commercial bank of australia.
para3: remedies for consumers, and discussed how effective each remedy is.
para4: process of redress for consumers, and the effectiveness and ineffectiveness of each.
para5: finiacials...

hope i did ok :( i dont think i might have answered the question fully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)