Core: WW1 (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yeah but usually it's not just a matter of directly quoting from the source for EVERY question. The fact that they were almost all 1 markers makes it far easier than the already-esay ww1 section from past years, where at least SOME degree of analysis was needed to get 2 or 3 marks. With this one, if you can read, you can get 10 marks.

lolly_161

heya!

yeah for the first ww1 essay i went into a second booklet and did about 4 more pages in that booklet...

i should have studied for cold war...im definately not gonna go well in that section...and considering its like 30% of paper ARGH....lol

ah wells...
MY HSC IS OVER
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hehe....anyone else finished and happy as anything?

Lauren
xoxoxo

sneeble

I thought this section was a little... weird. Interpreting that chart felt very mathematical to me, and kinda like year 8 stuff. The 10 markers were cool.

Anyway *raises beer*

Glad it's all over!

nikosre

I thought the paper was pretty easy. The first 10 marks was a bit silly.. but hey! The peace part and teh big 3 is a bit left field, but the stupid clowns basically gave u all the info in source B. So it really cancels out any advantage that a really good student has.

But yeh.. it was good... I also went into 2nd bookets for both the questions

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh ww1 was pretty simple
our trial was on peace conference and so i just basically rewrote my answer with new sources

aimstar555

HSC
questions 1 and 3 were deadset easy (thanks to RUN CAMPO) question 2 actually required thinking! i'd re-done all my WW1 notes and was confident with pretty much the whole course. thank God i did extra work on the big 3 and the conference cause if i didn't....MAJOR trouble.

laurenj i ALSO finished and i'm very VERY happy. peace out :)

sigh

HSC
umm with the big three... didn't lloyd george also want to make sure germany wasnt crippled so they could provide a buffer against a communist russia?

that wasnt in the source but i wrote it as own knowledge :S

pretty easyt ww1 section, next year will suffer

unfortunatrely the rest of the paper sucked and they'll get all that easy :|

rama_v

HSC
Thats right

Heres waht i had for the answer to the 2nd q in wwi
The Big Three had diffrent aims because of the differeing experiences of the individuals, their personalities and also teh attitudes of teh homefront

David Lloyd George - influenced by the public at home, who wanted to 'hang the kaiser' and 'they will cheat you yet those Junkers' etc. So you had to talk about how the homefront had those attitudes of hate and demanded Germany pay, and how Lloyd George capitalised on those moods in public to win the elction, so he would have to deliver the goods at the conference to maintain support. However he was also a more moderate man and wanted a buffer zone between britain and communism, so that also influenced his aims

Clemenceau - he was a harsh man who had hated Germany especially because he remembered the harsh treaty of the 1870/71 franco prussian war that was put on france, so now he wanted revenge. Also he was influenced by the attitudes at home, and since France had suffrred devastation (Source A) u could talk about how the public wanted Germany to pay, and how he reflected that attitude. Also he was a harsh man who was also pressured by the middle and upper classes at home who were tired of paying high taxes, adn France had been teh only country to have farms etc wiped out, so they needed ot rebuild after all teh sacrifices and to do so they needed money (france had been crippled by the war)

and lastly Wilson was too much of an idealist because of his democratic and also religious background, and the USA had not suffered in teh war as shown by Source A and so the homefront demanded that the peace be more just and that the USA act as more of a mediator - a 'peace without victory'. So you coudl talk about that.

I better shut up now...

Last edited:

The Nick

McBain
HSC
My teacher drilled us for a year on how the Peace Conference hadn't been examined before, so it had to come up sooner rather than later

gold

cheezsandwich

Melody said:
WWI was dead easy!
Guessed it would be peace conferences (but didn't actually get around to even looking over WWI)!
Anyone else think they may have misread the question about which of the Allies had the highest casualties or whatever.... *looks slightly frazzled

Yeah i though that was a trick question but i still put USA. i wasn't sure weather they were part of the allies even though they were allied with the allies... but its only one mark in the end

HaTn\'SkOoL

WW1 was probably the easiest Ive seen so far! The first ten marks were a JOKE! And as for the next question hahaha Source B basically spoon fed the different attitudes of the stupid BIG THREE...
Anywayz who caressssss put it this way ITS OVER!! yaaaaayyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)