Could anyone recommend good textbooks (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi, so I'm starting year 12 next week (yikes!!) and I was just wondering if anyone knew some good textbook brands for:
english advanced (discovery!)
Modern and Ancient History
Mathematics 2 unit (I'm doing not very well at it)
French continuers

I've heard Cambridge is good for maths and modern and ancient history. Are there any others and what's good about them, thanx!!

astroman

HSC
i'm pretty sure you don't need a textbook for english but study guides and booklets are good
for math, get Fitzpatrick or Cambridge, both good books, DONT get Maths in focus

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
i'm pretty sure you don't need a textbook for english but study guides and booklets are good
for math, get Fitzpatrick or Cambridge, both good books, DONT get Maths in focus
yesss you rock!!! :D K back to not bos-ing

astroman

HSC
for modern:
Key features of Modern History - Textbook (Bruce Dennett, Stephen Dixon)
Macquarie Revision guide - study guide
The Leading Edge : Modern History by Robert Darlington

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
OP don't be fooled.

Fabjhdsviuwehflihncxdshvabdul is just snaking everyone. He secretly DOES NOT use Maths in focus.
Nor should you! You never tell people to use Maths in focus, unless you hate their guts lol

wtf and your sig! I never said that :(

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
i highly recommend using Maths in Focus for your 2unit studies, I personally have gotten a band 6 from only using Math in Focus

HSC
OP don't be fooled.

Fabjhdsviuwehflihncxdshvabdul is just snaking everyone. He secretly DOES NOT use Maths in focus.
Nor should you! You never tell people to use Maths in focus, unless you hate their guts lol

wtf and your sig! I never said that :(

HAHAHAHA my sig is the best. Well that's awkward, why does it say im quoting you? ;)

mreditor16

HSC
guys, just my opinion - but this MIF thing is getting old. And if you want to keep it alive, can we just move it into Non-School? I swear every thread that asks about textbooks, the whole debate ends up being joking about MIF and not answering the query of the OP.

IF you really want to continue this running joke, make a MIF thread in Non-School. But, in summary, this is getting old and has derailed countless threads asking for advice.

That is just my 2 cents on it.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
guys, just my opinion - but this MIF thing is getting old. And if you want to keep it alive, can we just move it into Non-School? I swear every thread that asks about textbooks, the whole debate ends up being joking about MIF and not answering the query of the OP.

IF you really want to continue this running joke, make a MIF thread in Non-School. But, in summary, this is getting old and has derailed countless threads asking for advice.

Ikr people needa stop
It's annoying the crap out of me :(

mreditor16

HSC
Textbooks for what?
lol did you even read what OP said:

Hi, so I'm starting year 12 next week (yikes!!) and I was just wondering if anyone knew some good textbook brands for:
english advanced (discovery!)
Modern and Ancient History
Mathematics 2 unit (I'm doing not very well at it)
French continuers

I've heard Cambridge is good for maths and modern and ancient history. Are there any others and what's good about them, thanx!!

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

but im serious about MIF, i dont know why everyone hates it, it is such a wonderful book, guaranteed band 6s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)