could they specify a poem? (1 Viewer)

lou22

HSC
ive just been wondering, do you think it is possible that they could specify what texts to do? eg in imaginative journey is they specify to do Rime by Coleridge.
i hope nottt

T

Testpilot

I pretty sure they could specify which texts you have to refer to if they wanted because i studied poetry for Module B and they could specify which poems.

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
yep, they can with mod B for sure. But my god it would suck if they did.
And usually for imaginative journeys, its a generic question for all texts? And so it would be the same one for The Tempest as Coleridge, so obviously if that is the case they couldn't specify.

lou22

HSC
yeh so the journeys question has to be generic to fit in with all the areas, hopefully meaning that they wont specify certain poems.. i looked at past papers and they havent specified before for journeys.

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
yehhh my teacher said they can. Itd be unfair if they did because it would advantage some over others. I think its fair with module B cuz thats like a ciritcal study and you should know it all but with IJ its not that fair. Especially if they specified a strimulus book text. That would SUCKK!

Trizzay

HSC
uhh they can't specify poetry in this module because both standard and advanced students sit this paper so it would be pretty stupid to specify a text that not everyone does e.g. my school doesn't do coleridge in any way shape or form so if that happened my school would go skitso :p
The only thing they can specify is texts from the stimulus booklet, that would suck!

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
Trizzay said:
uhh they can't specify poetry in this module because both standard and advanced students sit this paper so it would be pretty stupid to specify a text that not everyone does e.g. my school doesn't do coleridge in any way shape or form so if that happened my school would go skitso :p
The only thing they can specify is texts from the stimulus booklet, that would suck!
No, the way they specify the texts would be like:

For your prescribed text, make specific reference to;

- rime of the ancient.. for coleridge
- yada yada for this other thing

- and this for this other text

but very unlikely they will.. although i still prepared all 4 just in case because you never know with these Board of studies people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)