cramming. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
so, i need to do an epic cram of chem in the next two days, what's the best way to do so? i have about four past papers, an excel book, and my textbook (not many notes - i neglected almost everything over the year).

i know acidic environment well, but as for the rest of them, i have no idea.

so what would be the best way to cram 9 months of work into two days?

:).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Read over your notes for the rest of today, learn them. Tomrorow, spam past papers, and answer the questions in the "Chem game" thread - I believe it's really useful, even if you're just copying your notes out word for word. Good luck Dani. =)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just do what Aerath said :)

Gah at least you have 2 full days... i have to split my time up >.<"

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
yeah i've got modern too...goddamn it couldnt bio be monday instead of chem...would be sooo much easier
I know... and i have physics the day after too. Gah i'm so tempted to just fail physics lol.

Sorry ranting/hijacking your thread, hermand. Good luck cramming :)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I know... and i have physics the day after too. Gah i'm so tempted to just fail physics lol.

Sorry ranting/hijacking your thread, hermand. Good luck cramming :)
aha that's alright :). thanks, good luck with modern & chem & phys too!

lychnobity

HSC
I'm cramming the shit out of my brain for chem too, so what I'm doing is:

Going through Ahmad Shah's notes, memorising (learning) what I don't know, making acronyms, watching videos of pracs I don't remember, doing some questions from the dot point book, some questions from past papers and trial papers

blabla91

HSC
dan want me to send you my notes? theyre 50 pages, dense but a lot more compact than most ~ fairly detailed though

btw thanks for the essay q search hahah

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
industrial but i didn't learn it so any elective would do.

yes please i love you!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ahmad Shah Idil notes are pretty good Dani. They're on BoS, and most SBHS have been using them all year.

HSC
Ahh i wish i didn't choose chem...it's totally going to be my band 4 subject. I am also trying to cram for chem and i know production of materials and the acidic environment quite well but our option was rushed (shipwrecks etc) and the last unit was done in two weeks. I've been following that chem questions thread but i'm too scared to post my answers in case they are really crap or wrong. I feel so bad that other people like know it all and i don't.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Instead of cramming, how about looking over your weaker topics ?

HSC
i'm currently looking over chemical monitoring and management but it won't stick because we didn't do the stuff in class. I'm trying really hard but for the life of me i still can't remember the steps of water treatment, and all those equations for ozone and all the CFC information.

HSC
^haha maybe go over the equations in each and then try to link them to content...i know that works for me..at least to know the basics

(and off topic but how did you find the french exam yesterday?)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
^haha maybe go over the equations in each and then try to link them to content...i know that works for me..at least to know the basics

(and off topic but how did you find the french exam yesterday?)
the equations are about the only thing i do know :). i get all the actual chemistry stuff, just my wording of explaining things lets me down. and the 'this is used for this because of this'. i wouldn't have signed up for chem if i knew i had to study polylactic acid in detail :mad: haha.

i liked it, but i'd burned myself out that much over maths the two days before i could barely keep my eyes open. there were moments where i honestly couldn't remember what i'd done for the past few minutes. it was slightly worrying, so i didn't do at all as well as i would have hoped, hoping to scrape a 90 now, but all in all it was quite an easy test. you?

HSC
yeah i really liked it..was easier than my trail but i reckon i'll just scrape 80. listening was easier than usual but the gorilla one i missed some so i just had to kind of guess the third reason and i hate multiple choice- wha was it? reading was so easy and the questions were really broad plus there weren't many of them. Responding stimulus was also good but my writing passages are crap- for the long one i only just got like 1.75 pages. I know my speaking will let me down too. I had a male examiner and i've never spoken french with a male before so i was a little put off about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)