Creative Writing Idea? (1 Viewer)

IcyRain

HSC
Sup BoS.
Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of a story based of the following stimulus.
'It may all be different but no-one could take his/her memories away - not now, not ever'.
First creative writing I will be writing. Any ideas that aren't to cliche and presented in third person?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Usually the best stories tend to be written in the first person-it is the perspective that allows the quickest identification and immersion of the marker with the character. What ideas have you come up with so far? By the way, is this stimulus for the topic Belonging?

IcyRain

HSC
Usually the best stories tend to be written in the first person-it is the perspective that allows the quickest identification and immersion of the marker with the character. What ideas have you come up with so far? By the way, is this stimulus for the topic Belonging?
Yeah it's for belonging. Teacher advised us to write in third person because he thinks if we write in first person it may turn into a recount (but we still can). I still haven't thought much about it, but maybe a story about someone who feels isolated and alone but reflects on his memories to remind him of the better days, yet realizes that those days are gone. (The stimulus is pretty straight forward, teacher did it on purpose)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it's for belonging. Teacher advised us to write in third person because he thinks if we write in first person it may turn into a recount (but we still can). I still haven't thought much about it, but maybe a story about someone who feels isolated and alone but reflects on his memories to remind him of the better days, yet realizes that those days are gone. (The stimulus is pretty straight forward, teacher did it on purpose)
'It may all be different but no-one could take his/her memories away - not now, not ever'. -yes, your current idea seems to be quite good, however, if you deconstructed the stimulus further and ask yourself more questions, it may assist you deeper into coming up with more ideas, for example, 'it may all be different'-so you can brainstorm why it may all be different? No-one-who is this no-one, is this referring to physical human beings or imaginary beings? Memories away-memories about what? How do memories get taken away-do you lose memory that you had those memories or are there gaps within the memory? Make sure you are always focusing on belonging concepts-preferably selecting three key belonging concepts from the belonging rubric-because focusing on several enables your story to be versatile and easily adaptable to any possible creative questions.

linglang

HSC
N/A
I'm doing a task it's a creative writing assessment about the concept of belonging. I would like to know how my story will start off, my story is about a guy who moved to USA and is started getting homesick after few months and is starting to think if he belongs in the USA and he started having memories of his hometown. How am i going to start it off and few tips would be good as well thanks BOS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)