credit cards (1 Viewer)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
does anyone know bank with low interest rate for credit card? i have mine with anz right now but they charge heaps for all these fees. any ideas?

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about this, but they should be able to waiver alot of your fees if you're a student. Reason I say I'm not sure is because obviously this is true for conventional debit cards, but specifically for credit cards I'm not so sure.

Scanorama

HSC
Amex is one of the worst around. So many places will accept it because of the high fees.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I love you Mister Whitlam!!!!!!!111 :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I recommend a student card from your bank (several have them). They genrally have an interest free period and no or less fees ...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
piccaninny said:
does anyone know bank with low interest rate for credit card? i have mine with anz right now but they charge heaps for all these fees. any ideas?
I think St George & Virgin are pretty competitive.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Westpac has student cards, limit is only $500 though.

Mines Commonwealth, pretty high intrest, but for $30 a year, it's 55 days intrest free, so I don't get charged much, usually can pay it all back in time.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Why do you care about the interest rate?

You don't ever want to be in the position of having to pay interest on your CC.. if you can't afford it/don't have the money for it, don't put it on your credit card.

I could care less whether I had a card with 1% or 100% interest.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
u never know what u have to buy and if ur getting paid like once a month ... ur cash is gonna run out within one or two weeks.
Plus its better to research the interest rate now than to suddenly find out the hard way latter when u can't afford to pay it back in time.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I prefer my St George VISA debit card. You use it just like a credit card, except it comes out of your bank account instead! Hence no interest! It's pretty cool.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I want to get a credit card to pay for things like my net connection and concert tickets online.... can you use a debit card like Jase has for those kind of things or does it have to be credit? I don't like spending non existant money so I would rather have it come out of my bank account.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
You can use a VISA debit card for any transaction where VISA is accepted.

You just have to remember that the money is gone from your account instead of having like a month to pay it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)