Credit transfer questions (1 Viewer)

HSC
I just got an offer to transfer into USYD B Eco mid year from Comm/Eco (UNSW), only thing is I'm already half done already (nearly completed my Eco component), with 1.5/4 years left in this degree. Main reason for transferring is that I have 2 failed subjects + academic withdrawal in my transcript.

I saw the Usyd website regarding credit transfer, and it says you can't transfer credits for "units that are a course prerequisite." This means literally of my first year subjects would not count...

My question is, has anyone done the UNSW -> USYD commerce transfer and found that their first year credits didn't transfer at all?

etxpy

HSC
N/A
BUSS1001 and some of the other units are compulsory.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I think that the whole idea behind the course prerequisite requirement was to keep some sort of consistency about the skill sets that a degree is supposed to impart.

I don't think that would be much of an issue for economics; pretty much all universities offer introductory and intermediate micro/macro subjects, and there really isn't too much difference in what they teach. I would definitely contact the USYD Economics faculty and explain your situation to them, hopefully you should not have a problem getting credit.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
BUSS1001 and some of the other units are compulsory.
BUSS1001 isn't needed for a Bachelor of Economics; Introductory Micro/Macro, Intermediate Micro/Macro and ECMT1010/1020 are the six compulsory ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)