Crime Essay Help!! Assesment task for 2012 (1 Viewer)

Stray moon

HSC
N/A
Sup guys, well basically im stuck and have no idea what to write about or how to even lay this essay out. My teacher has given us an essay question which i believe he has taken from the 2011 HSC paper the question is: "Explain the tension between community interests and individual rights and freedoms within the criminal justice system."
What i would like to know is how i should lay an essay out for this questions and what topics i should include, im stressing out as its almost time to get back to school and i haven't even written an essay or practiced (due to real life issues and problems i've been having with family) now im at whits end and have absolutely no idea what to do. To top it all off my teacher said that we should be aiming for 6 pages in ONLY 35 MINUTES!!
please help me guys, any input is appreciated.
Peace.

findx

HSC
Sup guys, well basically im stuck and have no idea what to write about or how to even lay this essay out. My teacher has given us an essay question which i believe he has taken from the 2011 HSC paper the question is: "Explain the tension between community interests and individual rights and freedoms within the criminal justice system."
What i would like to know is how i should lay an essay out for this questions and what topics i should include, im stressing out as its almost time to get back to school and i haven't even written an essay or practiced (due to real life issues and problems i've been having with family) now im at whits end and have absolutely no idea what to do. To top it all off my teacher said that we should be aiming for 6 pages in ONLY 35 MINUTES!!
please help me guys, any input is appreciated.
Peace.
Rights of individuals vs. Rights and interests of the community
You could talk about if an individuals right should be infringed to protect the rights of the community to feel safe. cases such as locking up sex offenders or terror suspects (Case study of Muhamed Haneef). Use the dot points from mainly the criminal investigation process.

My teacher went through this question with my class, I'll try to find whether i still have the notes for this question

hope it helps :)

Stray moon

HSC
N/A
Rights of individuals vs. Rights and interests of the community
You could talk about if an individuals right should be infringed to protect the rights of the community to feel safe. cases such as locking up sex offenders or terror suspects (Case study of Muhamed Haneef). Use the dot points from mainly the criminal investigation process.

My teacher went through this question with my class, I'll try to find whether i still have the notes for this question

hope it helps :)
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, you have no idea how much that has helped me!! I've just been so stressed i haven't been able to think clearly and my notes just don't make any sense. You've been a real help thanks :)

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
I still have my awesome essay on this

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
In your response you must refer to the investigation process, trial process and sentencing process;
Here are some points you can incorporate into your response.
- police powers i.e. search and seizure.
- Investigation process i.e. Using phone taps and surveillance methods.
- Trial process i.e. Majority verdicts and plea bargaining.
-Sentencing process i.e. Judicial discretion, mandatory sentencing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)