Crime Fiction - how many texts? (1 Viewer)

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hey!

The syllabus specifies that you must do at least three of the board approved texts.
In the exam, we only have to write about two of these, and two of our related material (right?)

How many texts are you studying in school? Two, Three or Four? I know a couple of schools doing four - TBS, TRIH, SBTS and Anil's Ghost.

:)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
we're doing TBS, TSBTS and TRIH.. i think only one of the girls in our class wants to do Anils ghost so she might be doing that by herself.. not sure

monique66

were only doinmg three, TBG, TRIH and AG...as for related material i think 2 or 3 i forget though..

ishq

brown?
HSC
_muse_ said:
we're doing TBS, TSBTS and TRIH.. i think only one of the girls in our class wants to do Anils ghost so she might be doing that by herself.. not sure
Lol!
Why anyone would want to, willingly, do Anil's Ghost, is beyond me.
If she hasn't started it yet, warn her against it. :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
haha i read half of it and got so pissed off with it cause it was so crap i threw it at the wall.. dont tell my teacher ;)

monique66

haha...yeah its a pretty crappy book, my teacher made us do it oz it is 'different' or so he says... :mad:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I actually quite enjoyed the text "Anil's Ghost", as I was required to read it due to our teacher desiring to cover all the possible content. It was good I thought because apart from the Real Inspector Hound, everything else was so expected but this seemed to lend a new viewpoint.

ishq

brown?
HSC
kami said:
I actually quite enjoyed the text "Anil's Ghost", as I was required to read it due to our teacher desiring to cover all the possible content. It was good I thought because apart from the Real Inspector Hound, everything else was so expected but this seemed to lend a new viewpoint.
So, are you going to be doing it as part of your board approved reading then?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
We are doing all of the prescribed texts within class as our teacher wants us prepared as well as can be. So we are doing Anil's Ghost, Skull Beneath the Skin, The Real Inspector Hound and the Big Sleep.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ishq said:
same here.

If only Snow Falling on Cedars was still on the syllabus...
we read that in year 11 as part of our "romance genre" study.. but i think my teacher was secretly getting us ready for crime fiction :)

kyra-renae

HSC
We're doing AG (actually not looking forward to it now that i've read everyones posts about it) and SBTS and Rear Window (film).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)