Critical Response for 06er's (1 Viewer)

Clarebare

HSC
Hey guys

I've been browsing through here and haven't seen any threads for 06 crit. responses. :confused: Maybe it's cause I'm computer illiterate. I still haven't figured out how to post yet, so I'm not sure how this is going to work out. If there's somewhere else on the site for discussion about critical responses in 06 then please let me know! :)

I have no idea what I'm going to do for my major work and that's starting to stress me out a little. At first I was going to do a short story. I even had an idea, but then I remembered that I'm crap at creative writing, so I thought maybe I should avoid that.

Anyway, at the moment I'm trying to decide on a topic for a crit.response and I was wondering what all of you guys are doing for yours.

Cheers!

P.S. If I've somehow screwed this up please don't hurt me!

JSGarnes

HSC
I'll give you a pass for your thread construction.

When is your proposal due?

Clarebare

HSC

My proposal isn't due until wk 3, term 1. Means I have a little bit of time left to figure out a topic that's going to interest me for close to a year.

What are you doing for yours?

megsy89

HSC
Hey! I am doing a critical response for my major work on Australian iconography and how it has changed from like people believing that Australia is a country of the "land" and basically viewing Australia as 'the man from snowy river' etc. to Australia as a nation of beach culture and the easy going lifestyle. I am not sure exactly how i am going to do this yet but basically right now i am reading a whole heap of books written by tim winton. I am unsure of what kind of view i am going to take whether it be post modernist or doing kind of a psycho analytical thingo... Lol. Excuse my bad spelling.. Anyway, i believe it would be very hard to write about a post-modernist surfer but some freak guy has already done a critical essay on that. But yeah! That's what i am doing. You better decide soon of what you would like to do otherwise you will be in a bit of a pickle.

tasco

wow....week 3 term one, you got plenty of time, ours was due in week 9 last term!

Clarebare

HSC
Yeah, my school thought that they'd give us a lot of time to get all of our preliminary research done. Unfortunately that means that they're expecting a lot from our proposals. We're meant to be "a significant way through plotting or drafting" by the time we get back to school. Tomorrow I head off on a pilgrimage to the State Library with my best mate to see if her uber-organised approach can whoop my lily-white ass into action (sorry folks, been reading way too much original fic (www.fictionpress.net) for my own good. Ah, shoot 'em up's make my world go 'round. Especially when they are cliched and poorly written. Yum!)

Ok. So significant, meaningful post....nope, sorry guys. I've been giving EE2 a bit of thought over the last couple of days and have decided (almost) to do something relating to dehumanization of characters in film. Haven't decided on which films yet though, so input would be lovingly looked upon. Older folk who've done this before please help! Please!?
How's everyone holding up over the hols?

And Pece, what was your topic? And JSGarnes, who managed to slip by without my questioning (naughty!) Megsy: postmodern surfers? Surely that's slightly oxymoronic? Good topic though. Tim Winton's cool :)

I'm hella bored...study = crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)