CS- please help (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Hey does anyone here play/know of the game counterstrike?

I need to study it for an assignment. I've seen it played etc but the only way I seem to be able to get it is if I pay to dowload it off the net... but I cant buy things off the net...does anyone know where I can buy it?

Darkening

HSC
any computer shop... its the most common game anywere. Go to a internet cafe and im sure they will have CS...

What assignment, sounds like a good one to me :D

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
haha for programming...

we gotta chose a game, Im not really a gamer so Im gonna chose a simple 1 like CSS, I already understand the rules cos Ive seen it played... now I just gotta learn the controls.. I dont have to be good at it or anything.. just gotta understand it etc etc...

so awesome

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
it's played quite professionally overseas and here so you might want to talk about that, like prize money of 250k US. just buy normal cs from computer store for like $20 and upgrade on the internet.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
sunjet said:
it's played quite professionally overseas and here so you might want to talk about that, like prize money of 250k US. just buy normal cs from computer store for like $20 and upgrade on the internet.

haha is the upgrade to source free?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
nah, source is totally seperate game, it's more expensive

Kabeio

k.
HSC
huh? you have to study it?

good excuse to play a game

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
flipsyde said:
Hey does anyone here play/know of the game counterstrike?
I need to study it for an assignment. I've seen it played etc but the only way I seem to be able to get it is if I pay to dowload it off the net... but I cant buy things off the net...does anyone know where I can buy it?
counterstrike? what is this you speak off?

yeah theres only like about a billion of us that play it and what i thought was everyone in the asian and western world had atleast heard of it. so kinda a dumb question.
cs: the original game using the HL engine
cs: source is pretty much the same thing, but looks much better because it uses the Source engine, same gameplay same everything pretty much

cs is a mod for Half-Life so it is free if you own HL allready[costs like >$20]
cs:Source is the[or was] multiplayer component of HL2

hope that helps

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
just do cs :eek: source is for people who suck (and cant aim, and need to be amused by awesome graphics because they suck, and did i mention source is gay?)

:eek::eek: .

Darkening

HSC
Purp|e said:
just do cs :eek: source is for people who suck (and cant aim, and need to be amused by awesome graphics because they suck, and did i mention source is gay?)

:eek::eek: .
ima take a geuss and sai u suck as CS:S lol...

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
www.steampowered.net

EB Games or Gameswizards have it. You can just buy Counter-Strike or CS:S without buying HL.

Its more like people who play cs can play source fairly decent. But the source pros are suck ass in 1.6 cos they cant strafe or aim for crap because source does it all for them. Load of crap source is, its for the masses, not those with skills. But then again, ichor have a source team dont they? lol :p

Source is easy ;) Not challenging enough :p ! Taken all the 'skill' outta cs with that pos.

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
!!!!! Freaking Awesome Assignment Alert !!!!!

*goes green with envy*

I wish I got wicked assignments like that...

HSC
i'm not really sure what your assignment focus is, but there's an interesting video on this guy who is extremely obsessed with counter-strike.

just visit www.youtube.com, search 'boom headshot', it's the second result on the list.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:
bwahaha, dude its virtually impossible to suck at source.

1.3, 1.5 and 1.6 = sexytimes :) ... but source = :(
I got to know CS around yr 2002. 1.6 is good, The rest no good. But I get pwnd everytime I play 1.6

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
why do u people dislike source so much? its the same game but with better graphics and no riot shield, a few new maps and a few new guns

i think its an improvement on cs, but there isnt that much of a difference. I had no idea people were still using 1.6, i thought everyone would have immigrated years ago

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Serius said:
why do u people dislike source so much? its the same game but with better graphics and no riot shield, a few new maps and a few new guns

i think its an improvement on cs, but there isnt that much of a difference. I had no idea people were still using 1.6, i thought everyone would have immigrated years ago
Apparently it's due to the fact that a lot of manual controlled factors which helped determine the skill level of a player have pretty much become automated in Source. At least, that's the inkling I've got so far.

I've only ever played cs since, god, Beta 6.1 - when colts had SCOPES. phwaor. Those were the times! (However i was too shit and my hands were too small that I couldn't reach the duck button if i wanted to move/strafe around at the same time, I was 10 years old.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)