CSSA Economics 2009 (1 Viewer)

mwah015

HSC
hey guys im just trying to figure out whether our school teacher changed our economics test...

for short answers we got:
21- Inflation
22- Globalisation
23- Economic Growth
24- Balance of Payments

and for extended response
i did Macroeconomic policies/ economic growth and CAD causes and effects...

wat did u get.. thanks :):)

Last edited:

AnandDNA

HSC
Im pretty sure we got the same as above. Do u have to do an alternate paper because of the security breach ???

mwah015

HSC
Im pretty sure we got the same as above. Do u have to do an alternate paper because of the security breach ???
no. but my friends said our teacher changed the whole short answer section. dunno y. and she left the extended response as it is.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
anyone else have a conflicting economic objectives essay question?

rachierach

HSC
We did the independant one.

Our short answer wasn't changed and we had inflation, unemployment, enviro mgmt and i forget the last one...

I got 83/100.
Kinda disappointing.. What did everyone else get?

kelllly

HSC
no. but my friends said our teacher changed the whole short answer section. dunno y. and she left the extended response as it is.
Yes, she did.

I believe I have the original. The short answer questions are as follows:

Q21: Impact of globalisation on the standard of living in the global economy
Q22: Unemployment
Q23: Monetary policy
Q24: Australia's Balance of Payments

Simo91

HSC
Yeah our teacher gave us the paper, nothing changed and we hadn't done the last topic..but the last topic isn't difficult.

Ended up with 92/100.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I'm an economics accelerant, and I got 97/100 for Independent. I was thrilled! :)

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
I'm an economics accelerant, and I got 97/100 for Independent. I was thrilled! :)
congrats that is a very very very very good mark.

i got 96.

MC - 18/20 - 2 STUPID STUPID mistakes
SA - 40/40
1 - 20/20
2 - 18/20 - i argue i deserve 19 or 20!

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
congrats that is a very very very very good mark.

i got 96.

MC - 18/20 - 2 STUPID STUPID mistakes
SA - 40/40
1 - 20/20
2 - 18/20 - i argue i deserve 19 or 20!
Sniff Sniff. I smell an ungrateful scab :mad1:

ijaz101

Lord
HSC
Yes, she did.

I believe I have the original. The short answer questions are as follows:

Q21: Impact of globalisation on the standard of living in the global economy
Q22: Unemployment
Q23: Monetary policy
Q24: Australia's Balance of Payments
Yes this is true.

BUT I have a VERY important question... For Q21 (c), if you say that developing economies have high levels of economic growth (e.g. China), why is that incorrect??

I have read the textbook and our textbook (Tim Riley, Year 12 Economics 2009) says that countries like China and India are developing economies because "Developing economies... are undergoing rapid growth and development..."(Page 3).

tku336

HSC
Not ALL developing economies have lots of growth. Basic premise of eco multiple choice is that if you can doubt the answer to any extent whatsoever, that answer is incorrect.

And wow, there's a lot of really high marks for eco. I'm pretty sure 97 would be a state rank (judging on our school's previous performance).

ijaz101

Lord
HSC
Not ALL developing economies have lots of growth. Basic premise of eco multiple choice is that if you can doubt the answer to any extent whatsoever, that answer is incorrect.

And wow, there's a lot of really high marks for eco. I'm pretty sure 97 would be a state rank (judging on our school's previous performance).
It wasn't a multiple choice, its a short response. so i dunno wtf ur on about

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
Sniff Sniff. I smell an ungrateful scab :mad1:
no, i would be an ungrateful scab if i went to my teacher and complained and ended up getting the 1 or 2 extra marks. which i didn't do, i accepted my mark and was happy with it.

tku336

HSC
my bad, i was just assuming. Principle still applies.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
Yes this is true.

BUT I have a VERY important question... For Q21 (c), if you say that developing economies have high levels of economic growth (e.g. China), why is that incorrect??

I have read the textbook and our textbook (Tim Riley, Year 12 Economics 2009) says that countries like China and India are developing economies because "Developing economies... are undergoing rapid growth and development..."(Page 3).
ok the Q is [FONT=&quot]Describe TWO characteristics of a developing nation[/FONT].

firstly you've taken the quote from the textbook out of context. in its entirety it reads:

The Developing countries refer to nations such as India, China, Nigeria, and Brazil which are in the process of raising their rates of economic growth and development, but have lower per capita income (Y) and living standards than developed or newly industrialised economies. they are often referred to as "emerging economies" since they are undergoing rapid growth and development
the question is general so your answer should be general. Generally developing countries have average growth rates (but there are obvious exceptions like China and India, but these nations have possibly developed into newly industrialised economies). for Economics short answer Qs be sure to give answers that force the markers to give you full marks, rather than them doubting your knowledge and awarding you 3/4 or something.

my answer would be..
1- low per capita Y
2- low literacy rates
3- high levels of investment by speculators

i always give one more "thing" than they ask, just to hedge my answer.

having said all this, i would still give you a mark for saying that developing economies have high levels of economic growth (e.g. China)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)