cssa economics (1 Viewer)

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
I just posted this up in the other topic!

The 2011 CSSA trial paper had the questions:
Section III
Discuss the impact of the current stace of monetary policy on the level of inflation and economic growth in the Australian economy
OR
Discuss the impact of persistent fiscal deficits on the level of economic activity in the Australian economy.

Section IV
Examine the links between the key BoP categories and the trends associated with the BoP in the Australian economy.
OR
Examine the influence of international organisations, government economic forum, trading blocs and free trade agreements on promoting globalisation.

Hope that helps a bit.

M

MRPDlDDY

Can anyone help with this question:

Discuss the impact of persistent fiscal deficits on the level of economic activity in the Australian economy.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
off the top of my head:

Moving (government) consumption forward at the expense of the next generation. i.e. there will be higher taxes for future generation - since it'll have to be repaid. It can be inequitable.
Squeezes out or crowds out funding for the private sector. This will increase interest (funding) rates for everyone.
Increases debt sovereignty/default risk. i.e. look at all those countries in Europe. This could raise funding cost if aggregate debt levels are too high.
+ a whole bunch of textbook reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)