CSSA IPT 2003 Trial (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
How did you guys go?

Any difficulties?
Time management problems?

I thought I would have performed A LOT better than I had.

I came late to the exam,
I assigned the '40 minutes' for multiple choice, although I finished it in about 5-10 minutes.

BUT there was one question which totally pee'd me off.
4KB file, 9600 baud. I ended up writing 4.3 seconds.

I stuffed up my data flow diagram, I couldn't believe it. HOW MANY processes did they *freaking* have! Throwing in the "PS2" kind of threw me off, because I was then thinking about my games and computers instead of information PROCESSES. LOL!

Btw, I didn't even finish the exam :eek:
With 5 minutes left, I had only started on Q28.
"Define hypertext, interactivity ..."

I also hated the case studies, only because they were too long.

I must have written about firewalls/passwords A MILLION times during that exam.

What else did I screw up,
multiple choice, the OS question (which computer to buy), driver's license question where Age <=21 etc, and that was basically it.

I am disappointed in myself, I can't even get 90+ now (unless I aced everything else :p)

^___^
HSC
i thought it was pretty easy IMHO...

i finished with 45 minuites to go(maybe coz i was bs)

for the 4KB file one, i got same answer as u Huy, but to be exact, its 4.1

Huy

HSC
N/A
45 minutes to go?

45 minutes before the end of the exam, I was still on ... Q25 or so, maybe even Q24!.

Multiple choice: I killed time there, I looked at my watch and was feeling very comfortable when I was at least 30-40 minutes ahead of time for that section.

Where did I go wrong?
I would say Sections II and III.

The part about Info Systems, DBs and Project Work, I would write about 5 lines for 2 marks, and UP TO 1 page for a 3-4 marker.

I was really being careful with the marks, ensuring that I would get everything. My teacher normally marks it and says "Well, you could have written more on ... and maybe you should have talked about ..." which bugs me, because I have other questions to complete as well!

I really stuffed up Multi-Media systems though, because that was really rushed. I had about 10 minutes to go (until the end of the exam) and had another 20 marks to earn. I really stuffed up that section, whereas in Transaction Processing Systems (Q25), I went okay there.

Q21 to 24, I must have spent more than 1.5 hours on it all up, with each question taking a good 20-30 minutes. I ended up writing about 16-20 pages for the writing section, (Sections II and III short answers/case studies).

Chemistry tomorrow, I'll be studying later in the evening.
I can't believe I didn't finish the IPT exam,

1 marker - maybe 2-3 lines
2 marker - a good 3-4 lines.
3 marker - half a page
4 marker - page a page to 3/4 of a page
anything higher than 4 marks - 1 page+

I hate getting to the point, because sometimes they want you to refer back to the scenarios, so a textbook regurgitation isn't enough. :chainsaw:

:)

^___^
HSC
its hard to define how much u shoudl write for how many marks

say majority was like suggest and justify

all u need to do is write one method(thats suggesting) and then tell the reason why it should be used(thats justifying)...that is a 2mark question and i wrote was like 2-3 lines

its hard coz i highlighted the wording of question and i answered directly at it, so my answers was straight to the pt...dunno if my teacher is gonna like it or not

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
after setting our exam for the exact same day and time, our IT Dept decided to make their own test for all 14 of us... hehe.

Anyway, I finished with about 30 mins to go, all answers pretty much fluently and fully answered.

Ofcourse our teacher marks very hard (is very reluctant to give full marks), as an example our the highest mark for our last assessment was 88%. He believes everyone in the class is either band 5-6. But things being all relative... standardised I don't mind. I don't truly believe it should be possible to get full marks anyway ;).

JRasnier

I found it pretty simple, and i put 4.3 secs for that question too is it right?

i ended up writing 11 pages for the whole exam =) dunno if thats a good thing or not, and ppl that got closes to what i wrote was 5 pages.....

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JRasnier
and i put 4.3 secs for that question too is it right?

i ended up writing 11 pages for the whole exam =) dunno if thats a good thing or not
I didn't even work it out, I skipped Q16 (that 9600 bps question), and in the end 10 seconds before the exam was over, I circled 4.3 (D I think it was).

I think it's right, some were saying 0.3 seconds! (Yeah right).
9600 bps / 8 = 1200 Kb/s
1200 / 1024 = 1.171875 KB/s
4 KB / 1.171875 = 3.4133333333333333333333333333333

Maybe the answer was 3.x seconds.
D'OH

(unless my maths is wrong ... of which there is a 60:40 chance of being wrong :D)

Btw, I wrote 4.3 seconds too, just a guess though.
I wrote about 18 or so A4 pages for the entire written component.
For each Question, I had about 3-4 pgs.

Q21, 22, 23, 24 (Compulsory Section II)
+ Q25 (TPS)
+ Q28 (Multimedia sytems)

JRasnier

I didnt have to do the second option topic though, since we just started multimedia this term.... time to start lookin up answers that i dont know if i got right, like the guy that lost his job from technology, i put de skilling, some ppl had put redundancy but isnt redundancy when u lose ur job all together, like u dont get another job, from reasons such as company cant pay u, or too many ppl that arent needed....yeaha, i reckon i done pretty good for that exam, i finished like an hour before, maybe just because i didnt have to do the second option, so i just kept building up the high mark questions until time was up...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Maybe he was thinking in terms of IPT, 'data redundancy' :p

JRasnier

i remember there being redundancy for one of the answers, for that question about the guy getting taken over by a new system...

^___^
HSC
yea, the mill one, like wat is it call...

de-skill
redundancy
job-displacement
something something

JRasnier

yeah, well i selected de'skilling, two friends picked redudancy, which one of them is a higher rank then meeh =\ no matter how good im doing in my exams and assesment tasks i cant change my rank much at 30 at the moment, just cause of one misshap with one of my assesments =( if i didnt go so bad with that assignment i would be in top 10 easy...

kalli

HSC
i thought last years cssa trial was much harder so i was scared going in :(

it wasnt too bad thought. i finished with about 45 minutes to go.

however, there were two people in my class who attempted to do EVERY option..... idiots lol

JRasnier

it could actually work to there advantage, for the hsc, cause they might find an option topic easier then the one they studied in school, so they study for that one...

kalli

HSC
with 75 days to go until the hsc i wouldnt want to be learning a whole extra topic...

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
i found the trial not too hard, my 2 options where multimedia and TPS. i did multimedia first since i'm most confident with it, then TPS because i'm a bit iffy on that topic. I somehow just managed to finish the TPS (full rushed) with about 10 seconds to go.

That 9600 bps question had me a bit stumped too.. but i worked it out, i put 3.4 seconds because :

4KB = 4*1024 Bytes = 4096 Bytes
4096 Bytes = 4096 * 8 Bits = 32768 Bits

Since modem is 9600 bits per second

32768 / 9600 = approx 3.4 seconds

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i totally freeeeeaked in that exam...!!!!!!! what the hell is forward and backward chaining???? it aint in my text book!! or the excell book!! anyways.. multimedia was alright but DSS... umm.. there were a couple of questions i had NO idea how to answer

like: that question (i dont know wat section it was) wat is the formula for how the chick could find out the exchange rate daily?? i had no idea.. i wrote "watch the news!!!" hahahahahahah :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)