CSSA (1 Viewer)

s-tressed

HSC
I feel like it will be a broad question but I think they might include something unusual like having two related texts or writing something other than an essay? hmmm...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Would probably strengthen a response having two related though..

lolitaaa

HSC
I feel like it will be a broad question but I think they might include something unusual like having two related texts or writing something other than an essay? hmmm...
cause we're the last year to do belonginggg so expect the unexpected

hiircine

HSC
I reckon it would actually be stronger to address one related text in great detail than two only briefly...
What about having 2 related texts prepared and picking the most relevant one if the question asks for just one?

s-tressed

HSC
yeah I've always been told that when they ask for one, you should always just do one and do that one well.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon it would actually be stronger to address one related text in great detail than two only briefly...
What about having 2 related texts prepared and picking the most relevant one if the question asks for just one?

They say at least one usually, suggesting they want more then one...

s-tressed

HSC
They say at least one usually, suggesting they want more then one...
But I think that 'at least one' suggests that you can do more than one, not specifically that they want more than one. In other words, I'm sure if you answered such a question asking for 'at least one' and you only did one.. you would still be capable of a band 6. If they actually wanted more than one, why wouldn't they simply ask for more than one? I don't know... i'm just going off what I've always been told. :/

Edit: Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

hiircine

HSC
I honestly don't think it matters. They want you to answer the question with evidence and a personal response. As long as you do that, and do that well, it shouldn't make a difference. If you're comfortable with doing two related texts then go for it! But otherwise, why bother? It's not in the marking criteria or anything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)