D or HD? (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
Ok I know this is probably a silly question. But I'm not familiar with the marking at uni.

In the marking guide/criteria for my assignment, where they mark different aspects (content, layout etc) for each part the mark is in the distinction range. If I add all these marks up, they make 88%, so is this D or HD? Since I didn't get any HD marks separately?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't see how you can have all marks in the D range and then get a final mark for the assignment in the HD range. Are you sure you got 88% (i.e. 88/100)? You might have added things incorrectly.

hungry

HSC
I don't see how you can have all marks in the D range and then get a final mark for the assignment in the HD range. Are you sure you got 88% (i.e. 88/100)? You might have added things incorrectly.
That's exactly what I didn't understand, how can it be HD if theyre all in the D range. But I am very sure it's all added up correctly. The final mark (as written by the marker) is 22 / 25 = 88%. All of the marks in the D range were about half off HD.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Could you write up your marks for each part (or PM if you wish)? Perhaps your tutor added fractions without making sure the denominator was the same for all fractions.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
you mean individual assignments right? USYD101 never trust the marking criteria cause they don't mean anything.

Edit: I hope you mean the EXCELLENT/VERY GOOD/GOOD/SAT./ECT boxes, right? The boxes have no correlation with your actual mark. They're just there for reference as to where you could improve.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)