Daily Telegraph Today-board Of Studies Reject Claims (1 Viewer)

hey everbody, listen to this paragraph from the daily telegraph today

"the board of studies have rejected any claims that monday's mathematics paper was too difficult"...............wat kind of rubbish is that, and to make it worse..............."we try to set the same standard of dificulty each year".......now thats fuked when u compare this years to last years.......we could have got an extra 15-20 marks in last years one.

am i just talking crap or does everyone agreee with me

revoltism

standard fuckin paper my ass
and thats a load of shit when ppl think it was easy
if there have been complaints about it all the way to the media, then that shows it wasnt a F%^*ing standard paper.
So all the people thinking it was easy pull ur head outa ur 4unit ass's cause no one gives a shit.
The BOS know they stuffed up and whats worse is we studied from yr7 till now for the final matsh exam in hour schooling life
and then they give a test which doesnt allow us to use our knowledge to the best of our abilities
Watch how easy next years exams will be just so they can cover up for this major blow, so who gets advantaged at the end?
Not us.....

simmmo

hey if everybody did bad its not gonna matter. everybody sits the same papaer. the only people advantaged r those that get heaps of marks anyway, like 3U people, they might get a few more than the 2U people

Winston

HSC
Well there's no use flamming about it, if someone can whip out some basic survey or online petetion for this maths exam, and we can submit to SMH and the telegraph, the only way to do things is hype up the media, and let their powers shine for helping us. So what do you say? :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
"the board of studies have rejected any claims that monday's mathematics paper was too difficult"...............wat kind of rubbish is that, and to make it worse..............."we try to set the same standard of dificulty each year".......now thats fuked when u compare this years to last years.......we could have got an extra 15-20 marks in last years one.
anyone could get out last years paper, get out this years, put them side by side and see the difference!

otherwise why were we all shocked? we'd been practising on past papers, and it was harder than what we expected

tegs

Originally posted by revoltism
and thats a load of shit when ppl think it was easy
if there have been complaints about it all the way to the media, then that shows it wasnt a F%^*ing standard paper.
So all the people thinking it was easy pull ur head outa ur 4unit ass's cause no one gives a shit.
The BOS know they stuffed up and whats worse is we studied from yr7 till now for the final matsh exam in hour schooling life
and then they give a test which doesnt allow us to use our knowledge to the best of our abilities
Watch how easy next years exams will be just so they can cover up for this major blow, so who gets advantaged at the end?
Not us.....
U deserve a kiss for this!!!

tegs

Glyph

Hey ppls, about that 2unit paper, i havnt actually seen it, cause i do 4 unit (and didnt have 2 do the 2unit), but i doubt that it would b easy 4 anyone just cause they do 4unit, 4unit has pretty much nothing 2 do with 2 unit expt the fact that u've built 2 unit up thru 3 unit (which u have 2 do to do 4unit) but if u take a look at the stuff us 4uniters learn, its far from similar. i do believe u's tho, i think only 1 person from my 3unit class 'finished' the 2 unit paper, and our class is not an average type of class.(thank god the 3unit was more favourable!) i havnt heard 1 person say that they were happy with the 2unit and when the bos sees the results that that monster produced they'll have a bit of scaling to do no doubt! try not 2 let it worry u's all too much, (tho thats easy 4 me to say, esp. since, as of 5pm 2day my exams are over!!:) :) :) ) dont let it affect the rest of ur exams. Good Luck

smeyo

Glyph
you are totally right, everyone in my 3unit class that still do 2unit said that it was a really hard 2unit test and even liked the 3unit more than the 2unit, so really it wont do to much as the scaled and algined marks will make up for the hard test.... i guess it will really test well though and put differences between people, better than a too easy test and having to lower the marks.. think of it that way

Monkeybone

Not us.....
I agree totally!
I have been so depressed because of this test, i sure as hell didnt show all my knowledge
Totally not fair

T

tactic

You shouldnt really worry that much.. if everyoen goes bad they scale.

yeah yeah they sau they dont scale but what they say and do is a different story.

Anytime~

omg whats with all the commotion?!? :D

I seriously think this has been blown outa proportion with all you crybabies crying over the difficulty of this test. Daily telegraph is known to pull out trash from it's ass.... didn't someone say they use these forums as a source for students feedback to the exams?

I don't think people who aced the test would come on here to brag as much when aligned with the amt of ppl who fucked it hard.

It seemed to me like a very standard test, not too hard relative to past papers... honestly it was easier (mayb dats jus me) :p

revoltism

Originally posted by Anytime~
omg whats with all the commotion?!? :D

It seemed to me like a very standard test, not too hard relative to past papers... honestly it was easier (mayb dats jus me) :p
1. your a minority
2. we are entitled to complain cause when u think about it thousands of kids studied from yr 7 to that very day to see their ability on taking on the BOS..obviously the BOS have been taking some kind of educational steroids and now think they are top shit. Therefore the point is thousands of ppl,including me.. excluding u.. feel ripped off. U can sit there adn argue that u had no problem and there shouldnt be any commotion.. but like u usaid, u thought it was a standard test, we dont, thus we would like to complain and complain we will.

revoltism

Originally posted by tegs
hahah nah i dont deserve a kiss, imm speaking out for all the people that feel ripped off. And i might add, im not worreid about teh scaling or anything, they better scale good or esle im gonna have to revolt. Im simply looking at the principal of it all, what good is it learning maths if ur not going to be able to apply it to a test that determines our future?
They say teachers were expecting this? FUCKIN BULLSHIT
compare your hsc test to all the exams u had during the year, they are exam question that are challenging to a certain limit so we can still apply knowledge, what the hsc test was, was a fuckin booklet full of BOS big head questions, i was even surprised when several selective school kids said tehy had trouble with it... what does that tell you?
Nah im not gona shut up, i hated maths all my life but i sat my ass down and studied no matter how much i hated it to be prepared, i was prepared but not for a peice of shit like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)