Database design & development -Stored procedures? (1 Viewer)

yeah

HSC
hi everyone,

im just finishing off my database design and development assignment :( and im kinda stuck on one part so im hoping someone can help me!

the assignment case study was about an airline serives for UWS,

i need to: list the identified verbs in the document to help determine any stored procedures. then provide 4 - 5 sample stored procedure specifications and a short description for each. No need to write the actual stored procedure in SQL.

ive lost my textbook unfortunately, and my lecture notes havent gone thru stored procedures so i dont really get it

id really appreciate any help

mriethmu

HSC
yeah said:
hi everyone,

im just finishing off my database design and development assignment :( and im kinda stuck on one part so im hoping someone can help me!

the assignment case study was about an airline serives for UWS,

i need to: list the identified verbs in the document to help determine any stored procedures. then provide 4 - 5 sample stored procedure specifications and a short description for each. No need to write the actual stored procedure in SQL.

ive lost my textbook unfortunately, and my lecture notes havent gone thru stored procedures so i dont really get it

id really appreciate any help
What dont you understand about it? You're not sure what stored procedures are?
There are copious amounts of documentation online that will help you understand it...but basically its just a set of SQL statements that are group together in a function or sub routine.

They're used to query different parts of the database, and to execute different functions, eg Delete a record, selecting a record, updating a record, adding a new record. So when a user logs into a website, the website has to check the database to see if they exist. So it might pass the username and password through to the stored procedure, which would then check to see if the that user existed in the respective user table. It might like this: SELECT * FROM User WHERE Username = @Username AND Password = @Password.

NB: "*" means 'all' - we're selecting all fields, @Username and @Password are the variables we pass through to the stored procedure, and obviously Username and Password are the fields we want to check these variables against.

Hope that helps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)