Day/night lectures? (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
Hi all
Just wondering if it's possible to to mix day/night lectures for a unit of study.
E.g. I wanna do Lecture 1 for SOC175 in the day and Lecture 2 for that subject at night. I know it's a stupid question but on the enrollment thing I recollect them asking me if I would be taking the course in the day or night time- as though it had to be one or the other.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
yep, u definitely can. I took a mixture of day and night tuts and lecs for ahst100. Just tell them you want to do a mixture and it shouldn't be a problem.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok i would have said that it depends whether the course has a day and another night offering, or one offering with both day and night. if it's the one with both day and night in one offering then of course it's ok. if it has 2 offerings then you will only be able to input either day OR night into the computer. i would say - choose the one which corresponds to the tute time you want (if you want a tute at night, choose the evening offering of the course). then register in the night lectures but go to whichever lectures you like, they don't take note of who is there and won't care if you go to a day one.

i checked asht100 and it has 2 offerings. since cyan was able to do both day and night then i think he must have turned up to lectures he wasn't registered in.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
With first years, you can actually side-step this, by just inputting the times in, since it doesn't specify the D/E part of the timetable.

HSC
N/A
I did a mix for ENGL120. Worked out just fine, I ended up "skipping" my day lecture anyway and just doing it at night :)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I've chosen all my things to go during the day and on tues/wed/thurs, for first semester, anyway. Figured that i'd probably use the night to do homework, assignments or sleep.

But actually, we can still change our timetables, right?

-P_D

^___^
HSC
you can change it anytime on e-student..not too sure if you can do it now since the system is pretty fucked
but you can certainly change it once uni starts

mserica

HSC
As for MATH135 - I find it hard to believe as the timetable doesnt say that.... and as an evening student I know that there is no classes that run later than 9pm at night!

You will never be required to stay back longer than 9.30pm.

^___^
HSC
hahaha, i think he meant 11pm cos of the assignments..
i remember those days brain..i will treasure them :')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)