De Broglie (1 Viewer)

alluran

Does anyone have ideas on how De Broglie's proposal effected the rest of the world and a source i could get it from? I searched the net and only found what the proposal was and that the effects were far reaching but nothing on how they changed the world Thanx 4 the help

sammeh

well it was essentially one of the key concepts in developing the standard model of matter, and several branches of associated quantum physics. this led into things like the manhattan project (on the syllabus) and the advent of the nuclear age - which had a profound impact on the world in numerous ways. theres just a place for you to start.

gl/

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
also, his proposal of wave particle duality of light entail the advent of electron microscope (since it can behave as waves)

Kirsti

HSC
alluran said:
Does anyone have ideas on how De Broglie's proposal effected the rest of the world and a source i could get it from?

What about negative responses? I can't find anything except it made people uncomfortable cause it was new and weird.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Kirsti said:
What about negative responses? I can't find anything except it made people uncomfortable cause it was new and weird.
does the dp say discuss??? if you really have to know some, then yea... the classical physcists may find it hard to abandon something which they have being hanging on for years, if not decades....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
and that his model fell apart in the end due to certain mathematical errors.... but the general concept is still useful (if you ignore the specifics)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
acmilan1987 said:
Negative: the idea that people emit wavelengths
no... i think more like pplz are wavelengths... (well they HAVE a wave length any way)

at constrip8edskunk: @@ care for more elaboration??? =)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
with the negative, it was greeted with sceptisism because it did not have experimental proof, and for an idea to be expected, it had to have at least two scientists with experimental proof...umm thats all i can think of now, i need to find that assignment, i did ok in that question.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)