Dean's List in SMH? (1 Viewer)

ember

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows when the Dean's List of Meritorious Students from the faculty of arts should be published in the SMH. I emailed the arts office but they didn't provide any dates. Many thanks in advance for any help!

company_sin

HSC
I'm curious about this as well.

Do you know what the criteria is? I know in Fine Arts its an HD average of something to that effect, but I'm not sure if other factors influence the award (for instance, I've given papers at several international conferences while only in third year - surely that counts for something!).

Please post if you hear anything.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Ah, I just got the letter informing me of inclusion on the 2007 Dean's List. FYI, it seems that the Dean's List for the Arts Faculty comprises the top 20 students taking senior units of study. Each Faculty has its own criteria though.

company_sin, the letter I received says that it's awarded for "academic excellence", which seems like a pretty broad but vague criteria.

Doomah

HSC
c_james said:
Ah, I just got the letter informing me of inclusion on the 2007 Dean's List. FYI, it seems that the Dean's List for the Arts Faculty comprises the top 20 students taking senior units of study. Each Faculty has its own criteria though.

company_sin, the letter I received says that it's awarded for "academic excellence", which seems like a pretty broad but vague criteria.
so whats was your GPA?

ember

HSC
I just received a letter in the mail from the acting dean too. I'm not sure if it's based on WAM or GPA but I ended up with 6 High Distinctions and 2 Distinctions for the year, so I think that's a GPA of 6.75.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it's based on WAM: you must get over 85 in a year where you take 48cps

edit: whoops just read the rest of the thread. the above is for the fac of eco & business

adgala

HSC
it's in today's SMH. so what happens if you get on the list?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
company_sin said:
I'm curious about this as well.

Do you know what the criteria is? I know in Fine Arts its an HD average of something to that effect, but I'm not sure if other factors influence the award (for instance, I've given papers at several international conferences while only in third year - surely that counts for something!).

Please post if you hear anything.
In arts? What do people present papers about in arts?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
velox said:
I didnt say they wouldn't. I was curious as to what they present papers on...
"The Labour Party and Political Change in Scotland 1918-29"

Doomah

HSC
adgala said:
it's in today's SMH. so what happens if you get on the list?
u feel good about the fact that no one will ever give a shit. :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)