Delta English tutoring is very exclusionary (1 Viewer)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey dragonboy96, beetree1 & community,

I'm so, so sorry that you felt cut by how that phone call went down. I think I know exactly which profile and school we're talking about and which admin staff member you spoke to. We've been snowed-in by work, have had a lot to get through improving our organisation and systems before this year starts and I know the person you spoke to is the loveliest person you could ever meet and it would never have been her intention to be rude to you. We've all just been flat-out.

I sincerely apologise that we couldn't help you, but I'd much rather you be a little disappointed at the start, as opposed to us making promises we couldn't deliver on, which I'm sure you'd agree would be a far worse outcome for you.

We don't exclude schools because they're 'good' or 'bad'. This is a very popular myth that'll continue to spread (and I'm fine with it - all publicity is good). Some of my favourite students go to Cheltenham Girls, which is a school we've always accepted. Two of our best admin staff went to Delta as Cheltenham students during their HSC. We take certain schools because each school has a different assessment schedule where in English, there is huge variation between assessment forms (e.g. multimodal vs. in-class essay) and for certain schools even - different orders through which they progress through modules.

We simply can't take all schools for the huge variations in the above whilst also maintaining a high standard of engagement and meaningful improvement in our students' enjoyment of literature and results in English. I've provided three samples of our records below (dates might be off a little) of some of our schools' assessment structures where you can see Grammar does modules totally out of order, whilst there are differences in assessment types between Cheltenham Girlls and BHHS (as well as differences in dates).

With respect to the 2019 controversy: you can search through earlier posts and thread from myself and from searched topics on the internet. All the allegations are false. Delta pays its staff members extremely well.

1610749913913.png
1610749925634.png
1610749987446.png

Last edited:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
if enough people from your school sign up i think they open a class.
what they do is they assign a tutor to a specific school's students so that someone very familiar with the school's texts and assessment tasks tutors the students.

some other places do this as well since it's more effective.
This is correct!

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Hello! I work at Delta!

I'm sorry about the limited school intake. iSplicer has explained it pretty well but I read the original post and felt awful for what had happened.

When we all sat down to discuss the new syllabus back in 2018, all of us teachers told the director that we simply can't continue to accept every single school because of how varied English study is. Schools were studying modules in different orders, had multiple text streams, and each school has a very particular way of marking. We didn't feel like it was fair or even ethical to accept students and charge them the fees that we charge when we couldn't offer them our usual quality of academic help; our fees only make sense because we assume students are benefiting from the full brunt of our experience with your school teachers, assignments, marking preferences etc. But yes, if enough students from a particular school want to enrol, we open up a new class and train up to make sure we know exactly how your school likes things done.

We knew that it wouldn't be received well by people but ensuring the integrity and quality of our services took precedence over having a good 'brand image' if this makes sense.

I'd also like to apologise for what happened on the phone - it shouldn't have happened that way. If not iSplicer's explanation above, it may have been because we've recently hired two of my recently graduated students to come on as Admin staff. We're still in the process of training them but they do get nervous and stressed, and we don't want to chastise them for making mistakes in their first couple of months of working. I'll pass this on and let them know that this has happened, but I just want to apologise again for your experience!! If you have any questions about English Advanced that I could help you with, please e-mail me and I'll help you out where I can OP! Just private message me for my e-mail address. :)

Last edited:

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Hello! I work at Delta!

I'm sorry about the limited school intake. Satvik has explained it pretty well but I read the original post and felt awful for what had happened.

When we all sat down to discuss the new syllabus back in 2018, all of us teachers told the director that we simply can't continue to accept every single school because of how varied English study is. Schools were studying modules in different orders, had multiple text streams, and each school has a very particular way of marking. We didn't feel like it was fair or even ethical to accept students and charge them the fees that we charge when we couldn't offer them our usual quality of academic help; our fees only make sense because we assume students are benefiting from the full brunt of our experience with your school teachers, assignments, marking preferences etc.

We knew that it wouldn't be received well by people but ensuring the integrity and quality of our services took precedence over having a good 'brand image' if this makes sense.

I'd also like to apologise for what happened on the phone - it shouldn't have happened that way. If not Satvik's explanation above, it may have been because we've recently hired two of my recently graduated students to come on as Admin staff. We're still in the process of training them but they do get nervous and stressed, and we don't want to chastise them for making mistakes in their first couple of months of working. I'll pass this on and let them know that this has happened, but I just want to apologise again for your experience!! If you have any questions about English Advanced that I could help you with, please e-mail me and I'll help you out where I can OP! Just private message me for my e-mail address. :)
Hey, u closed dm's.

absydau

HSC
Can someone provide the phone number for Delta as it says it is out of service. Thanks in advance.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone provide the phone number for Delta as it says it is out of service. Thanks in advance.
Sincere apologies we're in the midst of changing phone providers. We're definitely open and working our way through outstanding enquiries. Please send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)