Deserted on a "DUNE" (1 Viewer)

*ToRi*BeLLa*

HSC
I cannot for the life of me read this book (Dune)! i'd really appreciate either a breif (very very breif lol) summary or even just a good reason to actually read the thing (thats if there are any good reasons)...
any way...i really hope i'll hear from u soon...
thanks a squillion.......Tori-BeLLa:confused:

bassqueen16

HSC
i dunno if it relates but, why dont u just watch the movie??? i dunno if its exactly the same, but it might motivate you to read the novel, knowing the plotlines etc?

princesskt

HSC
go to sparknotes... they have good summary notes, or cliffnotes.. at my old school we were doing that, man it was horrible reading it i have to admit, just read little bits at a time..

Loza33

HSC
I understand what you mean... I had to read it to.... I read the first 50 pages about.. well 50 times.. i couldn't be bothered, couldnt understand couldnt see the point... But honestly... one day, my car broke down so i had to catch the train to work... and i read Dune.. next thing i know, i was reading it on lunch breaks, on the train and before i went to bed.. it was finished in a week... i loved it!! So after 3 months of failing, it took me no time at all!!

I promise you, read it... keep at it! It gets good!! I loved it! and i HATE spec fiction... stil trying to get my teacher to reconsider :p

REad it!

perziangoddess

HSC
actually i really enjoyed it
i agree the beginning is bad coz itz so god damn boring
but then it gets rlly interesting
i couldnt put the book down
i finished it in a week

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Dune has very intricate plot lines so it's probably best to read it yourself instead of relying on quick summaries. As for the movies the original, lame version coverws the plot line sort of but in actuality it is just too convoluted a plot to be covered in a single movie.

ArtOfLosing

HSC
I realy enjoyed the book and it gets much better towards the end.... however, I never actually finished it :(
You'll really only need to write about two or youe perscribed texts so don't worry.

jazzmuzik

HSC
ah so great i'm not the only one struggling through this book!! everyone keeps saying "oh dune's such as great book etc etc" and i feel so dumb and that i should love it too.. atm i'm crawling throguh it, its ok...and when i actually understand whats happening i like it.. Atm my teachers setting me goals so i have to get up to a point by a certain day.. its the only way i'd actually read it...

Magicana

HSC
Dune is a good book to be honest. It is difficult to get through, but the parallels to our own world are... huge. The Fremen obviously represent the Arab's, and the Melange Spice is a clear connection to oil. I guess you can also see the Atriedes as the Americans and the Harkonnen's as the Communists, with Duke Leto being kind of similar to JFK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)