desparately need help (1 Viewer)

Haku

endoscope transmit light from the internal organ through the optic fibre to a screen so the images can be displayed, i can understand that part, but the internal organs like stomach is pitch black where does the light source come from? but if it comes from the original fibre, it cannot both transmit and recieve light at the same time.
some help please

and also i see how a CAT scan create a 3D image, but how does a ultrasound create a 3D image?
is sector scan same as B-scan expect the transmuter gets moved upand down so alot of the sections imaged like B-scan joins to create a 2D image?

and lastly do we need to know CT? cause maquarie study guid only talks about CAT...

thanks for help, sorry about my imcompetence in physics

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
the "light" is produced by the incoherent fibre bundles. the image is produced by the coherent bundles. Remember there are a lot of fibres in the endoscope, not just one fibre.

ultrasound creates a 3D image much the same way as a CAT scan. various 2D pictures of the object are taken, and then collated into a 3D image by a computer. I can't help you with the next bit right now as we haven't learnt it just yet, but i'll try when i do find out.

CT = CAT. both abbreviations stand for Compute Axial Tomography

Haku

ok, so basically what u saying is that they put in two bundles..one incoharent one for emiting light, and another coherant bundle to recieve and transmit light to the video camera to be displayed on the screens right?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
there are thousands (okay, maybe not that many, but heaps) of bundles. Some are coherent, some are not.

LostAuzzie

HSC
Jago said:
CT = CAT. both abbreviations stand for Compute Axial Tomography
There is one difference, Compute Axial Tomography takes the 'slice' images perpendicular to the axis of symmetry of the patient, CT Scans can take from all different angles

nosadness said:
is sector scan same as B-scan expect the transmuter gets moved upand down so alot of the sections imaged like B-scan joins to create a 2D image?
B-Scans form the basis of the sector scan. A sector scan is a series of overlapping B-Scans. Originally it was produced by rocking transducer back and forth, Modern scan heads have multiple transducer elements allowing the different angles of scans to be achieved.
So to answer your questions yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)