Dexter (1 Viewer)

*rUsTy*

HSC
I recently saw a few clips and trailers of this show on YouTube and it has me intrigued to say the least... the first season is coming out on DVD in February and I am considering buying it. Anyone acually seen an episode of this and reccomend it?

HSC
I've seen the first three episodes on foxtel but I'm not home enough to regularly watch a tv show. I'm going to buy the DVD when it comes out because I loved what I saw of it.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
This show kicks all kinds of ass. I've seen both seasons and they absolutely rule. Even better is that the second goes on a very different tangent to the first.

Get the DVD, I know I will. Awesome writing, awesome acting, everything. Even the opening credits are amazing.

DO WANT.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
This show kicks all kinds of ass. I've seen both seasons and they absolutely rule. Even better is that the second goes on a very different tangent to the first.

Get the DVD, I know I will. Awesome writing, awesome acting, everything. Even the opening credits are amazing.

DO WANT.
Yes, this. What this post says.
Watch it, it's completely fantastic.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh my god he is so amazingly sexy it's bizarre.

I adore this show. I'm watching it religiously on Showcase (Cable)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Oh my god he is so amazingly sexy it's bizarre.

I adore this show. I'm watching it religiously on Showcase (Cable)
Watch Six Feet Under, that'll kill it for you.

Good show but.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Watch Six Feet Under, that'll kill it for you.

Good show but.
Haha yeah, I kept thinking of him as a masculine david fisher when I started watching the show.
It took a while to shake it.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
Haha yeah, I kept thinking of him as a masculine david fisher when I started watching the show.
It took a while to shake it.
I actually saw Dexter first so it was a big wtf when I watched Six Feet Under. Took a while to get used to it, haha.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
First season was fantastic. Fell off a little in the second season, but that's entirely forgivable considering this show is still much more entertaining than most of the other stuff out there...

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Thread title reminded me of a cartoon I used to watch as a kid lol.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
RaisedByWolves said:
anyone read the book?
I'm half way through it and it's really good

Yes. The second book was my favourite out of the first two (the first one seemed a little repetitive, but I'm not sure if that's because I was watching the first season of the show at the same time). Going to go and buy the third one on Monday! :)

K

katie_tully

<3 dexter

DEXTER SEASON TWO ON SHOWCASE IN 2 WEEKS FOR THE WIN!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
RaisedByWolves said:
anyone read the book?
I'm half way through it and it's really good
Yeah I've read the first one, it's pretty good but to be honest I actually prefer the TV series and what it's done with the source material. The books tend to go for the supernatural so far as I can tell while the series doesn't at all.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Fish Sauce said:
Yeah I've read the first one, it's pretty good but to be honest I actually prefer the TV series and what it's done with the source material. The books tend to go for the supernatural so far as I can tell while the series doesn't at all.
I agree with you there. While the second book veered away from the "supernatural" a little, the third is right back into it stronger than ever (or so I've heard). What I think is really fantastic about the TV series is how it shows Dexter relating to and dealing with "real life", without giving him the chance to constantly verbalise his pov/what is going on in his mind (as the books do).

I still love both the book and the TV series, but for totally different reasons.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
im loving this
just finished s1, halfway through s2

HSC
I've heard my sister talk about this, sounds pretty good

I loved six feet under, but I'm not sure I can imagine a straight David Fisher :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)