Did any of you choose Ancient History? (1 Viewer)

Renegader

HSC
I hope it runs - there are around 16-17 people doing it so I hope the principal approves it.

I think Ancient history is so much more interesting than modern history especially boring Australian history! So who else chose Ancient?

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Ancient is a very interesting subject! n_n But there is a huge load of content and reading involved so prepare yourself for those long nights reading and reading. 16-17 people in a class is a fair size, and it should run if there's available staffing.

I think you mis-perceive Modern History, particularly in the Year 11 and 12 Syllabus Australian History is barely touched upon. You do topics such as Boxer Rebellion, The Romanovs, WWI (the causes, and the actual events, not just the Australian experiences), and year 12 you can do Russia, Germany, Europe, Africa and all these other histories - have a look at the syllabus for a bit more detail.

n_n Oh, remember there's also a historical investigation that students complete in both, which is very exciting! :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Both histories have interesting aspects.

It should run with 16-17 lol-at my school they run classes with 5 or more people normally.

Renegader

HSC
@OP - ya doing ancient for yr 11 right? me too :)
Awesome! And yeah, for year 11. :)

Modern sounds interesting I guess, unfortunately it's not going to run next year :p

Artemis, is it true that there are heaps of essays for modern history but only a few for Ancient? That's what I got told by the teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)