Did anybody else's school make the worng decision about the trials? (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
My school has moved are trials from the middle of Term 3 to the end of Term 2. This is a pretty stupid decision because obviously we won't have the syllabus covered by the end of Term 2. Did anybody else's school make the same decision?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Yeh that's good for you I guess. Our's are weeks 3 and 4 term 3, which I've just realised is scarily close :S

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The difference in time between Week 9/10 Term 2 and Weeks 3/4 isn't all that much in terms of what would have been covered in the syllabus but...

if you do them at the end of Term 2 then you have your post exam down time during the holidays and then have a full term of work to prepare whereas doing the exams in Weeks 3/4 sees that post-exam down time coming as teachers are trying to teach new material (and most subjects won't be finished their syllabus by the time of the trials in Weeks 3/4 anyway).

One of my teacher friends moved their trials to Weeks 9/10 Term 2 three years ago and swear that their results across the school have improved steadily since (with a jump in school rank of over 200 in the first year). They won't be moving back as they believe it is a better approach.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
My school is still sane. Most subjects finish all but a few dot points before trials in term 3 ^_^

gesh17

HSC
N/A
My school has moved are trials from the middle of Term 3 to the end of Term 2. This is a pretty stupid decision because obviously we won't have the syllabus covered by the end of Term 2. Did anybody else's school make the same decision?
How/When did you find this out?

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, it kind of makes all those July School Holiday study camps kind of useless, then.

NewiJapper

HSC
Our school does this, I don't think its that bad because they test at least 3/4 of the syllabus and gives us a good indication of how the majority of our studies are going. Then in term 3 we have a round of assesments around week 6-7 testing the last part of the subject.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Our school finishes pretty much RIGHT ON TIME like a week before the trials in term 3 early-mid August. It would be nice though to finish a bit earlier and have a couple of weeks revision, but oh well, can't have everything.

1titanic

HSC
Yes my school did that, moved trials to the end of term 2

kcqn93

HSC
mine are at the end of term 2 as well... hi5! ... :(

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
my school made the wrong decision about formal ITS IN TERM THREE WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING HELL??
Hahahaha... oh man.

My school always puts its formals on weekdays so we're less likely to booze it up, etc. The outer west public schools are fantastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)