Did anybody not write a short story? (1 Viewer)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I wrote a prose poem...(just a very lyrical short story, ha!)

Just wanted to know who else didn't write a story. After all it did say 'imaginative piece' = any creative conventions you want.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
I wrote a letter, to jenny craig lol
but it kinda had short story tendencies lol... although it was easy to wrap up.

banipal753

HSC
i did a series of diary entries about a homeless man taken prisoner, along with many other homeless people where they are trained in combat to become soldiers.

Wrote just a few pages short of the entire booklet

HSC
Most of my story was a letter from a soldier fighting in Vietnam, and then I had some narration at the end about a little kid reading the letter.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
how many pages did you end up using?
One booklet. So, 8 pages?

I kind of intercepted the prose poem with short story-esque colloquial writing to break it up a bit, and give it a point of contrast.

It was from the perspective of a baby in the womb, which then switched to the varying stages of childbirth from the mother's perspective and back and forth.

Hope I went well...considering I didn't go in with any idea or prepared creative, I'm quite happy with what I did.

lychnobity

HSC
lol, on this site, youngminii

he wrote a sonnet.

atal.love

HSC
letter/narration by an old man.
it was completely awful ,
i left it till last & wrote 5 pages.

sharp_pencil

HSC
I wrote about a French guy fleeing the nazi invasion of france ------> Australia :\ i hope the examiner sees the belonging i put in :( they normally don't !:mad:

Majimaune

HSC
I did write a story but before I started it writing a poem crossed my mind then I dismissed it cause my poetry is usually pretty short.

And does it really matter how long it was? I mean mine was three and a half pages and that was the end of the story. If I had tried to make it go on longer it would have made it crap. I don't see the point in trying to prolong something's death.

copeys

HSC
I wrote a letter, to jenny craig lol
but it kinda had short story tendencies lol... although it was easy to wrap up.
I forgot to ask you which one did you do; the first or second quote thingy? Did you have to change it?

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
The second one :) it was so easy lol...

Oh and i didnt leave the hall for an hour and a half stu cos sarah took my freaking keys.
Holy Frig.

q3thefish

HSC
One booklet. So, 8 pages?

I kind of intercepted the prose poem with short story-esque colloquial writing to break it up a bit, and give it a point of contrast.

It was from the perspective of a baby in the womb, which then switched to the varying stages of childbirth from the mother's perspective and back and forth.

Hope I went well...considering I didn't go in with any idea or prepared creative, I'm quite happy with what I did.
Very impressive. My band6 senses are tingling.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)