Did anyone know what is the theory of the experiment Using a pendulum determine g? (1 Viewer)

sezidangxian

HSC
Hi guys~~

Did anyone know what is the theory of the experiment "Using a pendulum determine g"? Cuz I am doing an assessment about it and I got to know the theory~~~~ Could anyone help me please??~~~ Thank you~~:confused:

lionking1191

HSC
Re: Did anyone know what is the theory of the experiment Using a pendulum determine g

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the theory is just "you can measure g on earth using pendulum motion..."

fusion009

HSC
Re: Did anyone know what is the theory of the experiment Using a pendulum determine g

Yeah same here im pretty sure the theory is to calculate the local acceleration due to gravity.

HeavenlyAnarchy

HSC
The theory i suppose would be that you can measure it that way (as stated above). Maybe you mean that, the mass on the end of the pendulum's string has no effect on time taken for the oscillations. The only thing that can and will affect it is the length of string to which the mass is tied too.

Hope that helped,
Dwayne

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
I think it's something about how it experiences SHM but I've totally forgotten...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)