Did I just sit a Bio exam? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Okay...

I was under the impression that biology would be what the biology exam would mainly consist of...

I thought that studying Biology would mean one would be able to obtain a good mark...

So I must admit that I was rather surprised to see the exam today, and see how little biology it actually consisted of...

Too many airy fairy questions... how do we know what the board wants from us with these types of questions?

I thought the test was stupid.

Also, when are they going to make Biology tests substantial enough to fill up 3 hours? Due to our school's no release policy I had to sit and do nothing for at least an hour... and I worked through the test slowly.....

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah.... 1 hour of people sitting around, looking at each other

I bumped my head into a pole on the way out

But you didnt need to know that

Bio tests are never substantial, I always finish at least an hour early

haz_it_all

hahha great skool of mine doesnt give a shit if we leave early, i think every1 left b4 the 3hrs.......alot of ppl left after like 2hours or so

badlysketched

Originally posted by babydoll_
Yeah.... 1 hour of people sitting around, looking at each other

I bumped my head into a pole on the way out

But you didnt need to know that

Bio tests are never substantial, I always finish at least an hour early

lol i hope u dun mind me saying this but u are so cute!!! heheh ... yeh i let an hour early and i was working slow... my school lets u go with u finish... had people leaving after 40 minutes (they musta found it a bit hard cos i dunno how u'd finish in that time) ... yeh it was all good a bit airy fairy i must say

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wish I hadn't wasted time studying for it... everything I crammed wasn't even in the test. There were so many questions that didn't involve knowledge... just using what they gave you (e.g. the epidemiology one)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
our school doesn't allow leaving either... i think i had finished and checked my work at about 11:55.... then sat watching everyone else who had finished sit around looking at eachother! hahaha

and i agree - too many airy fairy questions - like the one on using models for experiments or whatever!! i was like what?

i cant think

our school never lets anyone out but they made an exception because everyone finished with at least 20mins spare and i have never taken 3hrs to do a bio exam there always so wishy washy and it didn't ask about anything that requires knowllage or study it sucked

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They never take me 3 hours either... it's silly. They should make the exam longer or the time shorter.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I believe it was a fair test because it cut down "rote" biology learners who just learn definitions. It required logic and how to apply this in Biology situations. It required good biology knowledge

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Bannanafish
maybe they're promoting no study :p
Be nice if they told us before the exam.

As for the rote learners, that is true, but I still think there should have been more stuff that required bio knowledge, I studied a lotta stuff for this test and barely any was in it!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
As for the rote learners, that is true, but I still think there should have been more stuff that required bio knowledge, I studied a lotta stuff for this test and barely any was in it!
I agree totally aswell... something bout DNA replication or Phagocytosis would have been nice :rolleyes:

P.I.M.P.

yep, this exam was too much like an english exam. hardly any knowledge needed and lotsa blabbering was about it.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i left with 30 minutes left however people were leaving as soon as the 1 hour was up... being hsc rules from the bos are after 1 hour you can leave but not in the last 15 minutes...

sepul

HSC
I agree it did have a couple of questions that were a bit too english-orientated but not that many.

As for the time - I was RUSHING to finish my 7 marker on the human story - I always take a lot of time and think very carefully about stuff in bio, but it's not like I'm shit at bio either ( topped the year for trial )

PappaSmurf

Originally posted by P.I.M.P.
yep, this exam was too much like an english exam. hardly any knowledge needed and lotsa blabbering was about it.
Agreeeed

FOR CHRISTS SAKE BOS

Why did I even bother learning anything to do with biology, why didnt I just read a history textbook about what a whole bunch of people did and write a blabbering essay about WHAT SOCIAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES THIS RAISES TODAY :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

psycho_mushy

HSC
fucking hell....

not one exam do I have confidence in... looks like I got 10/15 for multiple choice... that's fucking shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)