Did I make the right choice? (1 Viewer)

terushi

HSC
So after prelims I was feeling somewhat defeated and had to really re-evaluate what subjects I wanted to take into year 12.

At the end of term I decided to drop MX1 and pick up EX2 for year 12, as well as drop Chem. However, before prelims I was planning to keep Music 1 and somehow have it not count towards my atar (sort of like a back-up subject). Unfortunately, I now only have a total of 11 units after dropping MX1 and Music 1 will have to count one way or another.

Should I have dropped MX1? I'm doing really bad in it due to terrible study technique and procrastination, and I additionally don't enjoy the class (teacher issues). I also would like to focus that extra time on English. I'm just worried that I'll be disadvantaging myself by only doing Adv. Maths when I could be doing Ext. 1 which would help with advanced anyway.

Did I make the right choice? Should I have kept MX1, considering I dislike the class? If I had kept it, is there a chance I would be able to come back from my poor marks in time?

Arrowshaft

HSC
Listen, you’ve already dropped it, there is lierally nothing you can do about it, just think about it positively! You’re great at english and if you are picking up EX2 then managing MX1 would have been extremely hard anyways, so just be happy. And, about your 11 units, if you are great at english (as I picture it) then scaling has your back and what’s to say you won’t shine in music 1. Just be confident, you have this, make the most out of what you have!

terushi

HSC
Listen, you’ve already dropped it, there is lierally nothing you can do about it, just think about it positively! You’re great at english and if you are picking up EX2 then managing MX1 would have been extremely hard anyways, so just be happy. And, about your 11 units, if you are great at english (as I picture it) then scaling has your back and what’s to say you won’t shine in music 1. Just be confident, you have this, make the most out of what you have!
Hey, thanks for the encouragement! I guess there really isn't anything I can do now but accept the choices I've made for Year 12. I don't think I can fathom doing both MX1 and EX2 either. Thanks again for the help + positivity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)