Did the first exam feel a little surreal to anyone? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Like all the hype of 13 years, just for another paper.

I didn't even feel conscious of the fact it was the HSC, just another examination paper in a long string of papers.

Did anyone feel this kind of detached way during it? It was quite bizarre.

enoilgam

HSC

I didn't even feel conscious of the fact it was the HSC, just another examination paper in a long string of papers.

Thats pretty normal I reckon - once you're in there you just kind of get into it to be honest. HSC never felt different to any other exams I have done.

Last edited:

cheepy5

HSC
yep i felt exactly the same, did'nt really realise it was the 'hsc' as there so much hype about

ArguablyMitch

HSC

Yep, this; and I don't think my mindset will change much. Just another bunch of exams, putting in the best I can and hoping for good results.

2xL

HSC
Was the same feeling for me as well; as soon as reading time started, all the "HSC" hype went away and it became like any other exam (my bitch).

lani22

HSC
yeah exactly and i thought i'd be more stressed like i was for trials but i was pretty chill which was surprising

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
Felt the same as every other english exam Ive sat lol. Only difference is i didnt have to wear uniform this time :D

HSC
It did a bit..knowing that these exams will get marked by propers markers rather than my own teachers and the fact they were done in booklets which were a pain to have to put the info in

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Definitely an anti-climax. I felt more on edge during the Trials to be honest, now I guess I'm just over everything.

I was more concerned by the fact that our school started 20 minutes late and that I was going to miss my guitar lesson.......

Last edited:

HSC
today i was like holy shit, i'm actually going to do the HSC, i remember seeing the yr 12 students studying now i'm one of them.. in the exam for the first say 10 minutes i was a bit nervous, but after that i was in the zone. my hand was shaking when i was reading and it was all sweatty..

madharris

HSC
N/A
definitely, it just felt like a weird and strangely tiring day

teganjoyy

HSC
The whole thing doesn't seem real, I don't even remember sitting there and writing out my creative.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
i have to agree, when i did the HSC i was full freaking out and nervous, especially after the trials and knowing this is the last time you would be doing this test and its worth 50%, but as you continue doing all your other exams you get into a routine and just get over the hype.

mike12345678

HSC
yeaa i agree it felt very surreal.

i remember when i had just started year 12 looking at the students doing HSC i was like i would be going crazy if i were them. now that im in their position im barely motivated to study.

and my hand was so sweaty aswell. i kept trying to dry it on my pants but it didnt work. the pen kept slipping haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)