Difference between Hospo and Food Tech? (1 Viewer)

Rohanco

HSC
Sorry for the dumb question, but I was just curious. From what I've gathered Food Tech is alot more theory focused, studying teh industry and whatnot. And Hospo is more prac and cooking.

Do any of them have like a food major work, or maybe a HSC prac cooking exam?

tchor

HSC
For foodtech, you sit a written exam only and as for hospo, you can sit for the exam only if you do 1 VET course. Just say you do 2 VET course, you have to choose either one of them. Well thats from what i know haha!

moocow920

HSC
Hospitality is prac focused, and is about different aspects of the hospitality industry, including food preparation, eg a school assessment may be correctly preparing vegetables in different styles using techniques learnt in class. food tech is more theory based, though there are prac lessons and prac assessments, but coursework is more about nutrition, food product development, the australian food industry, the chemistry aspect of how foods behave when they are cooked (you dont need to be good at maths or chem though). Neither have a prac HSC exam or major work, though both will have at least one prac assessment at school. It depends on your school whether you take Hospitality as just the VET course, or if you do the examination as well, but if you do take hospitality and another tafe course, only one can count towards your atar. i did both in Year 11 and kept food tech for hsc this year, and i enjoyed both :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)