Differences and similarities between the 3 HSC dot point books (1 Viewer)

marksgm

HSC
DOT POINT H.S.C. PHYSICS by Brian Shadwick
DOT POINT H.S.C. PHYSICS INVESTIGATIONS by Brian Shadwick
DOT POINT H.S.C. PHYSICS: MULTIPLE CHOICE by Brian Shadwick

What are the differences between each book. Advantages/disadvantages? Final recommendation?

Vincania

HSC
I think I know you.... Sydney Tech?
Anyway,
First one is short / a few long response answers that closely follow the syllabus.... MINUS the pracs. Disadvantage is it barely touches on pracs, which are important.

PHYSICS INVESTIGATIONS covers all of the pracs that you'll be doing in class along with some short response answers regarding the prac. Disadvantage is it doesn't have anything on the rest of the syllabus and the pracs in there and the pracs you do at school & what they'd expect from you varies a lot.

MULTIPLE CHOICE also covers the entire syllabus as the first one would, but is multiple choice along with an occasional "extension" part which is usually a 1-2 liner to just stretch your understanding a tiny bit more. It also has a brief course summary. Disadvantage- doesn't give opportunities to practice more in depth and detailed responses.

I'd recommend you use the short response and multiple choice.

marksgm

HSC
Awesome feedback. Great information. Looks superb. Solid accuracy. Tight evaluation. Keep us all posted on your continued information with more replies.. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' informative you can get. Thanks for the information.

o and yea brah, got a name?

nahi11

HSC
Hey,

Did you buy the multiple choice one? Is it worth the money or should I just do the past papers?

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest I think all the dot point books are really really quite dreadful. The only thing I like about the MC Dot Point one is I like the concise summary of each dot point it gives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)