differences between a co-major and a minor (1 Viewer)

V4Ni$H

HSC
What are the differences between a co-major and a minor? I want to do
Accounting and Business Law. Do they qualify as Single Major with a minor or Double Majors?

UNSW Handbook Program - Commerce - 3502

I don't get the sample program table down the buttom.

can someone please help me

thx

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW Handbook Glossary this should help with anything you could not define.

handbook said:
In addition Bachelor of Commerce students must complete
12 units of credit of approved General Education courses AND

Either a single major of at least 48 units of credit in an approved disciplinary stream and a minor of 24 units of credit of approved semester courses

OR

A double major of 84 units of credit, consisting of 42 units of credit from each of two approved disciplinary streams (excluding Industrial Training components) or areas of study.

V4Ni$H

HSC
thanks for the reply. i've read the handbook definitions just now, Business Law is a co-major, so basically if i want to do ACCT + Business Law I have to choose DOUBLE MAJOR right?

thanks

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
thanks for the reply. i've read the handbook definitions just now, Business Law is a co-major, so basically if i want to do ACCT + Business Law I have to choose DOUBLE MAJOR right?

thanks
Correct. But IIRC, some courses between business law & accounting (if you want to get qualified for CA) overlap.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
just fyi minors do not show up on your academic transcript or on your degree.

if a study field is co-majored - I believe it means that it cannot be your only major.. i.e. you cannot have B Commerce (Bus. Law), however you can take Bus. Law as your second major. So, using your example B Commerce (Bus. Law, Accting) is OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)