dihybrid crosses?!?! (1 Viewer)

tragictruthofme

HSC
hai..im just wondering if anyone can give me some help with dihybrid crosses i just cant seem to understand them...any help would be much appreciated!!

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
A dihybrid cross involves two pairs of contrasting traits. In the simplest dihybrid crosses, it is assumed that the genes for the traits are located on different chromosomes and so Mendel's laws are true for them.

Predicting the results of a dihybrid cross is rather more complicated than a monohybrid cross because one needs to consider all the possible combinations of the two alleles for the two traits in each parent's gametes and then all the possible gamete combinations at fertilization.

* http://www.biologie.uni-hamburg.de/b-online/library/cat-removed/dihyb.gif (dihybrid cross image)

If you have a look through this link there are some good explanations on dihybrid crosses; also the info here gives a more simplified explanation.
Hope that helps!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Is this where it produces a ratio of 9:3:3:1 ?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Oh thanks now I know after 4 months xD JIT

Dr_Doom

HSC
EDIT: Actually could someone show me how to do a dihybrid cross between two genes that are linked, say FfEe x ffEe ......?
Thx

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)