Discovery essay Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Gracyemwww

HSC
Hi guys,

I attended an ESL revision day and one of the lecturers said that two poems should be one prescribed text. She mentioned that we should include two poems, one prescribed text (ie non-fiction: Unpolished Gem) and one other related text.

However my school teacher did not mention this (I wrote about one poem, Unpolsihed Gem(non fiction) and a related text in my trial and I got good marks). So I wasn't sure what to do in a HSC exam.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

kashkow

HSC
Hi there,

My teacher recently told me that 2 prescribed poems are good to use as your "prescribed text" so you can demonstrate that you know the poems are part of a collection. So it's not just you're lecturer saying that, my adv. teacher also told me that about poetry (Mod C for me).

I don't fully understand what you mean by "She mentioned that we should include two poems, one prescribed text (ie non-fiction: Unpolished Gem) and one other related text." Is she saying to use 4 texts altogether? Or is Unpolished Gem the collection of poems? If you mean she said "include two poems AS the one prescribed text (which the collection is called Unpolished Gem)" then that makes sense and is also right according to what my teacher said.

Good luck!

Gracyemwww

HSC
Unpolsihed gem is a non-fiction which is also one of my prescribed texts. I think she meant that we need to write about 4 texts in total.

But this is English As a Second Language so it might be a bit different from adv. English?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)