Disparity between assessment mark and HSC exam mark? (1 Viewer)

quickoats

HSC
What happens when there is a big difference (15-20 marks) between my moderated internal mark and my HSC exam mark?

I’m expecting to get a Band 4 in economics, as I’m really not prepared, but I’m ranked 5th overall internally. My school gets 5-10 eco band 6’s each year, so I’d say that the 5th highest HSC mark would be somewhere in the low 90s.

For my final HSC mark, will NESA just use the average of the two marks and land me in a Band 5, or will the moderated mark be further moderated downwards to match my relative HSC performance?

Any help is much appreciated, the system is so confusing :cry:

idkkdi

HSC
How the heck are you expecting a band 4?

Arrowshaft

HSC
Are you sure you’re expecting a b4 and this is not just pre exam jitters? If you managed to rank 5th I find that hard to believe.

quickoats

HSC
Are you sure you’re expecting a b4 and this is not just pre exam jitters? If you managed to rank 5th I find that hard to believe.
I guess some of it is exam nerves, but I’d say my good internal rank is due to some good luck. I just haven’t put much study into eco so I’m not expecting all that much in the exam, but it would be nice if it was balanced by my decent internals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)