Distance VCE or TAFE? (mature age) (1 Viewer)

sav91

HSC
N/A
I was hoping I could get some advice on the pros and cons of doing distance vs TAFE.

I'm currently working 20 hours a week, on good rates, which is why i'm considering doing distance.

I would do (by distance) methods/chem/physics units 1 and 2, and I'm also thinking of adding English too. I'm certain I could study an average of 4 hours a day, however, I also want to achieve an ATAR of 92+ when I do units 3/4 the following year.

If I go to TAFE, I can't work my job, but I would do English (3/4), methods/physics/chem (1/2).

Can anyone give any advice on the pros and cons?

HSC
N/A
I was hoping I could get some advice on the pros and cons of doing distance vs TAFE.

I'm currently working 20 hours a week, on good rates, which is why i'm considering doing distance.

I would do (by distance) methods/chem/physics units 1 and 2, and I'm also thinking of adding English too. I'm certain I could study an average of 4 hours a day, however, I also want to achieve an ATAR of 92+ when I do units 3/4 the following year.

If I go to TAFE, I can't work my job, but I would do English (3/4), methods/physics/chem (1/2).

Can anyone give any advice on the pros and cons?
There is the option of doing some via distance and some in class. With Chem you'd need to go into a class to do it but for everything else you could do distance and stay working.

The main con I can see is getting enough study in. It's not easy to study via distance, I've done it and it's a struggle to keep it up and juggle work and everything else. It's all well and good to say you can sit down for 4 hours and study, but you need to remember, it's all up to you. If you're going to do it, I'd recommend setting aside time to go to the library away from distractions and power though it.

If you think you can go for it!

I'd also suggest as an alternative... If you're willing to move to another job, there's heaps of opportunities where you can earn while you learn. The employer pays you to do a certificate in something you'd like to do like admin, IT, Childcare etc. and you work every other day. After that certificate, you can work your way up to a diploma which will get you into a related uni degree with more experience than your peers for work after your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)